VSO team,do you have portable version of VSO Downloader free

download audio/video streaming

Moderators: Maggie, JJ, alexia, LouisM, Forum admin

minhcute

VSO team,do you have portable version of VSO Downloader free

Post by minhcute »

Hi VSO team,

I tried to create a portable version of VSO Downloader (free version) by software "Vmware Thinapp" but not succeed.I tried 5 times but the result is still that.My portable version can't found network adapter (while this funtion is the most important function of VSO Downloader.It automatically detects and automatically downloads for me).

So,do you have the portable version of this software (free version) ? If you have,could you please send it for me ? Thanks alot.

Another matter,how about my feature requests "mega.co.nz" and "torrent" ?

I will wait for your reply.

Best regards
Benjamin
VSO Team Member

Re: VSO team,do you have portable version of VSO Downloader

Post by Benjamin »

to have a standalone installer you need to install at least 1 network driver Winpcap or EVE(ours), the installers are in the install directory.
"mega.co.nz" and "torrent" not yet implemented, I cannot give you a date.
minhcute

Post by minhcute »

"to have a standalone installer you need to install at least 1 network driver Winpcap or EVE(ours), the installers are in the install directory."---> I did as you guide but still don't succeed.May be my computer has problem.If you can make successfully the portable version,please upload it to me.Thanks.

What happen with mega.co.nz ? Why is it not applied into VSO Downloader yet ?
Benjamin
VSO Team Member

Post by Benjamin »

when you install the driver by yourself you cannot detect video?
minhcute

Post by minhcute »

"when you install the driver by yourself you cannot detect video?" ------> No.After I install (I always choose to install both Wincap and VSO EVE),VSO Downloader works very well.Both Wincap and VSO EVE detect video and audio very well (by default,the network driver which is choosed is Wincap.It detects video and audio very well.And when I change the network driver from Wincap to VSO EVE,it also detects video and audio very well).But when I try to create a portable version (by using software Thinapp or doing as you guide),my portable version doen't work because it notice that the network driver is not install yet (?????),so it can't detect video and audio (although as I have just said above : I installed both of them before,and after I install,both of them work very well).

Recapitulate , it means that : the problem is at the portable version that I created,not at the installed version.The installed version works very well,as I said above.So I feel very strange.
Benjamin
VSO Team Member

Post by Benjamin »

can you send me your portable version
minhcute

Post by minhcute »

These are 2 portable versions that I created (2 attachments below).

The first portable version (VSO Downloader 4.0.0.19 portable (created by Cameyo).rar) was created by software Cameyo and the second portable version (VSO Downloader 4.0.0.19 portable (created as you guide).rar) was created as you guide me (folder VSO from path C:\Program files).I installed VSO Downloader (both Wincap and VSO EVE were choosed to be installed) first then I use Cameyo or do as you guide to create these portable versions.But it is very strange that these portable versions can't work while the installed version works very well !

There is also a portable version that was created by software Thinapp,but the error of this portable version and the error of the portable version created by Cameyo are completely alike.So I only send you the portable version created by Cameyo.

I must press again that I already installed both of network driver (Wincap and VSO EVE) before creating these portable versions.The installed version works very well (both Wincap and VSO EVE detect video and audio very well) , but these portable versions (which were created by the installed version) can't work.They notice error to me.So I don't understand anything !!
Attachments
VSO Downloader 4.0.0.19 portable (created by Cameyo).rar
portable version created by Cameyo
(25.92 MiB) Downloaded 1896 times
VSO Downloader 4.0.0.19 portable (created as you guide).rar
portable version created as you guide
(17.62 MiB) Downloaded 599 times
Benjamin
VSO Team Member

Post by Benjamin »

what is in "VSO Downloader 4.0.0.19 portable (created by Cameyo).exe" (30MB)?

I have a shellexecute exception when installing it, you need an elevation to install the driver.

With "VSO Downloader 4.0.0.19 portable %28created as you guide" it ask me to install the EVE driver then it works.
minhcute

Post by minhcute »

1."what is in "VSO Downloader 4.0.0.19 portable (created by Cameyo).exe" (30MB)? -------> after you open file VSO Downloader 4.0.0.19 portable (created by Cameyo).exe,a folder will appear at the same location with this exe file ( you can imagine that this exe file is a compressed file,after you open it,all files and folders which were compressed into it will be extracted to a folder-that folder locate at the same place with the exe file) .That folder contains all files,folders,registry,icons,... which were created during VSO Downloader was installed into my PC.That folder also contains some files and folders which were created by Cameyo.

I created sucessfully a portable version of VSO Media Player by Cameyo.But with VSO Downloader,I can't.

Cameyo is a famous and reliable software which can create portable version for almost (not all) softwares.Don't you know anything about it ?

2."I have a shellexecute exception when installing it, you need an elevation to install the driver.

With "VSO Downloader 4.0.0.19 portable %28created as you guide" it ask me to install the EVE driver then it works."

------> Before creating these portable versions,I already installed both Wincap and EVE.These portable versions were created by the already installed version.So why do they require me to install the driver again ??? I really don't understand anything.

I think maybe I will abandon the intention create portable version of VSO Downloader because anyhow,the installed version works very well.So the portable version is not too necessary.
Benjamin
VSO Team Member

Post by Benjamin »

I never use Cameyo, the network driver are fully dissociated to VSO Downloader application but without driver you cannot read and inspect the network packets.
If the driver is already installed you don't need to reinstall it for the portable version.

Hoping it will help you.
minhcute

Post by minhcute »

"If the driver is already installed you don't need to reinstall it for the portable version." --------> the drivers were already installed before , but the portable versions notice to me that the drivers have problem or are not installed yet . So these portable versions can't work (while the already installed version works very well) . This is the matter that I have been trying to talk to you. :D

Thank for your advice !