New VSO Blu-ray Converter Ultimate BETA version (1.4.0.8)

Help with Bluray Converter and Convert DVD to mp4 and other formats. strip Bluray, convert to Blu-ray or avchd, convert blu ray to mkv, avi, copy DVDs and much more.

Moderators: Maggie, alexia, Forum admin

cedric
VSO Team Member

New VSO Blu-ray Converter Ultimate BETA version (1.4.0.8)

Post by cedric »

Hi all,

After several weeks of work, VSO Software is happy to publish the first public version of Blu-ray Converter Ultimate!

The main purpose of this new software is to convert any Blu-ray video or AVCHD structure (from HD camcorder) to DVD video (with menu) or other video formats supported by most popular devices like PS3, XBOX360, DivX home player, iPod, iPhone, iPad...

Here is the list of main features:
- After selecting your source, the software will analyze it using our discriminator technology to find the type of content it contains:
* only one main movie,
* movies with bonus content (like making of, directors comments...),
* multi-version movie (like short & long versions...),
* series type (where all episodes will be listed separately)
* multi-angle video (each angles will be listed separately). If this type of video is found, you will have access to a preview module displaying only the difference between the angles to select the good one.
* ...other type of content will be added regarding last Blu-ray video we are testing (you can send a post if you find a Blu-ray poorly recognized, and we provide a fix ASAP)
-Once the structure is analyzed, you can select the video sequences, the audio track and the subtitle track you want to keep. For the subtitle feature, if you select DVD profile the subtitles will be encoded as DVD subtitle (and you will can show/hide them using remote control). If you choose a single file profile (like PS3, iPod, iPhone, XBOX 360...) the subtitles will be directly hard coded in video.
- The next step allows you to choose the output profile, the maximum target size of the output file(s), the DVD menu template (if DVD profile is selected)... and more. A visual helper display the final video quality regarding total video size to convert, the maximum target size and the selected profile to help the user to found the good settings.
- The project can be automatically be burnt after the conversion by checking the option "Burn final result after successful rip" (this option can be changed while converting too)
- While the encoding process is working you can ask to shut down or hibernate your computer at process end

Some other features are not listed and some other will be added in future version.

You can download the last public version ( 1.4.0.8 ) here:
http://www.vso-software.fr/products/blu ... verter.php

You can download the last beta version ( 1.4.0.8 ) here:
is latest public version

Last changes:
Blu-ray & DVD Converters - 1.4.0.8 Released December 2nd 2011
============================================================
- fix remux profile
- german translation updated
- no burner detected when launch
- default theme iceberg

Blu-ray & DVD Converters - 1.4.0.7 (Released 2011-11-28) [ View Issues ]
============================================================
- 0004946: [Bug] preview window does not use renamed title (cedric) - resolved.
- 0004934: [Bug] DVD to AVI custom profile - problem with output (cedric) - resolved.
- 0004761: [Feature Request] in ultimate version, in case user didn't see output selection in second window (cedric) - resolved.
- 0004760: [Feature Request] audio format output selection (cedric) - resolved.
- 0004100: [Bug] preview window in un upper left of screen (cedric) - resolved.
- 0004874: [Bug] I get "List index out of bounds" when starting converter software (cedric) - resolved.
- 0004942: [Bug] closed dvd converter after conversion and burning and got exception EinvalidOperation error (cedric) - resolved.
[7 issues]

If you are a Goldmember user, you can send a mail to VSO support to request your free unlock key...

I'm waiting for your feedbacks/bug reports/feature requests to improve this new software!

Thank you!
Last edited by cedric on Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:17 pm, edited 49 times in total.
toaddub

Post by toaddub »

You have a nice set of new features. Congrats! :)

By the name of the software, does it rip encrypted Bluray disc?

Does it compress down to BD-5 or BD-9, not DVD-5/9?

Any support for Zune profile (wmv format)?
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

Hi toaddub,

One needs a decryptor such as AnyDVD allong with our Blu-Ray ripper software.

The software compresses down to DVD 9 and DVD 5 or custom size.
There are various output profiles:
DVD
- PAL 4/3 or 16/9
- NTSC 4/3 or 16/9
Apple Devices
- iPhone1,2_3
- iPhone - (TV Output for dock connector use)
- iPad
- iPhone 4
- iPhone touch
- iPhone - (TV Output for VGA adapter use)
Generic Video
- Standard Definition 4/3
- Standard Definition 16/9
- High Definition 720p
- High Definition 1080p
Game Console
- XBox 360 SD
- XBox 360 HD 720p
- XBox 360 HD 1080p
- Playstation 3 SD
- Playstation 3 HD 720p
- Playstation 3 HD 1080p
- Nintendo Wii
- Sony PSP
- Nintendo DS Lite/DS/DSi/Dsi/Dsi XL

I am sure we can add a Zune profile (wmv format) if none of these formats above work. Zune cannot read AVI - the generic video format?
toaddub

Post by toaddub »

Claire wrote:One needs a decryptor such as AnyDVD allong with our Blu-Ray ripper software.
ok, thanks. Isn't it more logical to name it as a Blu-ray converter, since it's AnyDVD that's doing the ripping?

Perhaps you can add an output format to AVCHD structure that can be saved on a DVD-5/9, that's how we called it BD-5/9.

Zune only accepts wmv and mp4 format. Actually, DvdFab has a good Zune profile that you can take a look. I have an old discontinued Zune 30GB device. The currently supported devices are here: http://www.zune.net/en-us/products/mp3p ... efault.htm Click on each device to find out the supported formats under the Tech Specs page.
Netranger

Post by Netranger »

toaddub wrote: ok, thanks. Isn't it more logical to name it as a Blu-ray converter, since it's AnyDVD that's doing the ripping?
Totally agree with ya toaddub. 'Blu-ray Converter' is a better name for sure, since this is not a ripper software.
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

Hi,

After a little VSO meeting, we founded that you said was true :idea:!

VSO Blu-ray ripper will reborn as VSO Blu-ray Converter in next version...

PS : Some graphic interface parts must be updated with new software name.

Thanks a lot for your helpfull suggestion!
raymondtrudeau

Post by raymondtrudeau »

ok i have tried the trial version and it does not open any blu ray folders i have on my hard drive...i get a errer saying selected hd structure doesnt contain any valid video stream...
i know i do because i ripped it there with anydvd hd i have just the 1 stream main movie? thanks
kenbra

WONT BURN

Post by kenbra »

i cant get it to burn to disc
i put in a blu ray mib it done everything but burned to blank disc i am useing trial version
cedric
VSO Team Member

Post by cedric »

@raymondtrudeau : do you select the BDMV folder of your Blu-ray rip? Can you try by starting the conversion directly from your Blu-ray disc (be sure AnyDVD is launched in background)

@kenbra : what version do you use? some burn issues has been fixed in current version (0.0.2.4). If you use the last, can you give me the message you have in burn step log?

Thank you.
raymondtrudeau

Post by raymondtrudeau »

cedric wrote:@raymondtrudeau : do you select the BDMV folder of your Blu-ray rip? Can you try by starting the conversion directly from your Blu-ray disc (be sure AnyDVD is launched in background)

@kenbra : what version do you use? some burn issues has been fixed in current version (0.0.2.4). If you use the last, can you give me the message you have in burn step log?

Thank you.
yes i open my hard drive and select the blu-ray movie open that and select the bdmv folder and it says the same thing....

i even went furthr and opened the bdmv folder and select the stream folder that the movie is in m2ts and still no luck......
kenbra

Post by kenbra »

sorry i have not got back to you i sent my dvd burners back and media verbatim lth what meadia do you recamend to use
i have a sonny blu ray player and a sharp blu ray player
i cant get them to play on them but they play on my computer

and if you can tell me were to get the media also and burners that would be awsome
Last edited by kenbra on Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
kenbra

Post by kenbra »

kenbra wrote:sorry i have not got back to you i sent my dvd burners back and media verbatim lth
what meadia do you recamend to use
i have a sonny blu ray player and a sharp blu ray player
i cant get them to play on them but they play on my computer

and if you can tell me were to get the media also and burners that would be awsome
eon_designs

Post by eon_designs »

Just installed the latest version 0.0.2.6.

After you have added a BluRay - chosen Audio and Subs - chosen size output - then select the continue button the screen hangs as the enclosed image shows.
Attachments
Fault image.jpg
Fault image.jpg (131.73 KiB) Viewed 32006 times
alan1476

Post by alan1476 »

I am a Goldmember . The key you sent me does not work. I have 2 difffernt programs on my machine the Uktimate and the reg. The key works for the Reular but the Ultimate. What to do? It works for the regular version but not the Ultimate version. I have beeen Goldmember for years, both Fabrice and Jacques know who I am, I know this sound silly but I have 2 different versions on my computer and the licences key you sent me only works on the Regular version not the Ultimate version. I will send Claire my e-mail.
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

The key you can get by yourself via http://www.vso-software.fr/upgrade.php

sends your the key for Blu-Ray to DVD, and does not work for the ultimate version.

Sent an email to me using the support from on our website and a key for the Ultimate version will be sent to you.
scarboro98

Me Too

Post by scarboro98 »

I am having the exact problemb as eon_designs above. My screenshot looks almost exactly like his. I was able to get past this screen by running as admin but I was only able to get to an error screen.
Intel core i7, 12GB RAM, 1TB HDD.
Movie in drive with AnyDVD
Attachments
2010-11-22_104111.gif
2010-11-22_104111.gif (46.83 KiB) Viewed 31901 times
cedric
VSO Team Member

Post by cedric »

Please, can you try with last version (0.1.0.1)

Download link is available on top of topic.

I'm waiting for your feedback...
scarboro98

Fixed

Post by scarboro98 »

Thanks. By the time I had posted above version 0.1.0.1 had been released and it works like a charm. From Blu-Ray BD 50 to DVD 5 in 40 minutes with great sound and quality. (Main movie only.)
kenbra

Post by kenbra »

will this work for blu ray disc to blu ray disc
kenbra

Post by kenbra »

cedric wrote:Please, can you try with last version (0.1.0.1)

Download link is available on top of topic.

I'm waiting for your feedback...
what happend to 1.0.1and 5 you had