VSO Blu-ray to AVI

Help with Bluray Converter and Convert DVD to mp4 and other formats. strip Bluray, convert to Blu-ray or avchd, convert blu ray to mkv, avi, copy DVDs and much more.

Moderators: Maggie, alexia, Forum admin

steptoe

VSO Blu-ray to AVI

Post by steptoe »

Just tried this, and impressed with the simplicity of it, just a couple of issues/suggestions though :

You can only add one audio track or one subtitle, is this due to the limitations of the AVI format or the software, I have a couple of foreign blu-rays with multiple audio soundtracks and multiple subtitles and want to included ALL the audio tracks and subtitles to maintain the original format but compress the size to transfer to my mediaplayer without having to load up the blu-ray. Sometimes films are much better with the original non-english audio and english subs

You can only alter the bitrate, what about the ability to resize it to say 1980x720 or change the ratio from 16:9 to 4:3 or usually 4:3 to 16:9 or even better crop the black bars as in ConvertXtoDVD to make it full screen then I don't have to resize it via the remote on our HDTV

I wouldn't mind the ability to change the resizer as I can in ConvertXtoDVD, Spline64 would be nice as I find that sharper but then need to use AviSynth, which is much much slower ......

The ability to convert a 12GB blu-ray to 5GB in less than 90 minutes is very good even on my now ancient GTS8800 which is about 3 years old, it should be much faster once I eventually get around to getting that Nvidia GTX460 (will this be supported) along with my Intel i5 2500K setup
cedric
VSO Team Member

Re: VSO Blu-ray to AVI

Post by cedric »

Hi,

Please, can you try with last beta version (1.2.0.0) I've just published :

http://forums.vso-software.fr/vso-blu-r ... 12998.html

Like AVI container allow to have more than one audio tracks, I added this possibility in this last version, but like it don't allow multiple subtitle tracks, only one can be selected and is merged in video...

I'm waiting for your feedback...

Thank you.