AVCHD to DVD

Help with Bluray Converter and Convert DVD to mp4 and other formats. strip Bluray, convert to Blu-ray or avchd, convert blu ray to mkv, avi, copy DVDs and much more.

Moderators: Maggie, alexia, Forum admin

JJB

AVCHD to DVD

Post by JJB »

Blu-ray to DVD does not recognize any blu-ray that has been converted to a BD5 or BD9 by BD-Rebuilder or MultiAVCHD.

The error says 'Selected HD structure doesn't contain any valid video stream"

If I do a full BD25 from rebuilder then there is no error message.

Using TSmuxer just to do a Blu-ray from the original rip gives the same error message in Blu-ray to DVD.

Any ideas?
JJB

Post by JJB »

Thanks for all the help guys. I figured a work around but it will be the last VSO software purchase I make or recommend.

Have a good day folks...... :x
simple

Re: AVCHD to DVD

Post by simple »

JJB wrote:Blu-ray to DVD does not recognize any blu-ray that has been converted to a BD5 or BD9 by BD-Rebuilder or MultiAVCHD.

The error says 'Selected HD structure doesn't contain any valid video stream"

If I do a full BD25 from rebuilder then there is no error message.

Any ideas?
if it as already been converted then it is not a genuine source as it as already been compressed - re-encoded
cedric
VSO Team Member

Post by cedric »

Hi JJB,

Don't be so upset because we don't respond to your post after one week, I was in holidays and I don't have seen your question.

I take this message to wish you an happy new year :)

If Blu-ray to Converter don't accept your structures, I think the cause is they should not be Blu-ray/AVCHD compliant.

Can you give me some details about your BD5/BD9 content like video stream codec/resolution/bitrate and audio stream codec/channels/bitrate.

I will try to build some structures with these softwares to see where is the problem, and how can I accept them.

Thank you!
Vimann

Post by Vimann »

If you try to open remux of original BD made with tsMuxeR, appears two error messages: "Selected HD structure doesn't contain any valid video stream" and then "Selected input doesn't contain any Blu-ray/AVCHD valid structure..."
PS: The same remux played on software and hardware players without any problems.
eon_designs

Post by eon_designs »

The same thing happens to BluRays that have been converted down to BD9 or BD5 by DVDFab

I converted a BluRay down to BD5 in DVDFab - the end result had a video stream of 1280x720 (16:9) AVC (Main@L3.1)(CABAC /2 Ref Frames) Audio Stream - 640 kbps, 48KHz, 6 Channels, AC-3 - This was taken from Media Info.

GSpot reported - File Type MPEG-2 Transport Stream, Mime Type Video/mp2t

Hope that helps a little

eon
JJB

Post by JJB »

cedric wrote:Hi JJB,

Don't be so upset because we don't respond to your post after one week, I was in holidays and I don't have seen your question.

I take this message to wish you an happy new year :)

If Blu-ray to Converter don't accept your structures, I think the cause is they should not be Blu-ray/AVCHD compliant.

Can you give me some details about your BD5/BD9 content like video stream codec/resolution/bitrate and audio stream codec/channels/bitrate.

I will try to build some structures with these softwares to see where is the problem, and how can I accept them.

Thank you!
OK, no problem. I'll take it from the top.
1. I rip a blu-ray with AnyDVD HD.

2. I convert it to a BD5 or 9 in most cases using BD-Rebuilder from jdobbs at Doom9. A magnificent piece of software I must say.
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=143716

3. The end result is a movie only BD5 or 9 that plays on "Any" Blu-Ray player that can play AVCHD. So it must be compliant. I own 2 Samsung's, a Panasonic and a Sony. Friends have LG and PS3. No problem with any playback.

4. When I try to convert the AVCHD (Strict Format) BD5 or 9 to a DVD using Blu-Ray to DVD is when I receive the "Selected HD structure doesn't contain any valid video stream

5. The workaround is to use AVCHD Editor and make it AVCHD Long Format or Blu-ray compliant then Blu-Ray to DVD can convert it to a DVD. The recommended Short format produces the same error in Blu-Ray to DVD.

6. It appears to be a recognizable structure problem in Blu-Ray to DVD as all the processed BD5 and 9 will play any where and is recognized by several other open source programs such as DeanK's MULTIAVCHD, TSmuxer and AVStoDVD and ConvertXtoDVD(yes, I am a duel owner but prefer Blu-Ray to DVD)

7. I like Blu-Ray to DVD for it's speed vs the others that use HCencoder or Quenc encoders.

8. I do batch converts with BD-Rebuilder then convert to DVD for Grand Kids as needed.(They're to broke to buy a Blu-Ray and I aint giving them one)

9. I wasn't so much upset as I was frustrated.

Can it be fixed?
cedric
VSO Team Member

Post by cedric »

Hi all,

I think your issue(s) should be fixed in last beta version (1.1.0.4)...

Please can you confirm?

http://forums.vso-software.fr/vso-blu-r ... e89da2ec9b

PS : For lucky users having a NVidia graphic card with CUDA support, they will be happy to see new CUDA stamped profiles (only in PS3 & MKV templates) in this new version.

Thanks!
JJB

Post by JJB »

cedric wrote:Hi all,

I think your issue(s) should be fixed in last beta version (1.1.0.4)...

Please can you confirm?

http://forums.vso-software.fr/vso-blu-r ... e89da2ec9b

PS : For lucky users having a NVidia graphic card with CUDA support, they will be happy to see new CUDA stamped profiles (only in PS3 & MKV templates) in this new version.

Thanks!
Thanks but I own BLU-RAY to DVD not Blu-Ray Converter Ultimate and my key will not make it a full version.
cedric
VSO Team Member

Post by cedric »

Ok,

I built a Blu-ray to DVD beta version, like that you can test if your issue is really fixed.

You will found the link in first post (on bottom) of this topic :

http://forums.vso-software.fr/blu-ray-t ... 13040.html

Have a nice week end!
JJB

Post by JJB »

cedric wrote:Ok,

I built a Blu-ray to DVD beta version, like that you can test if your issue is really fixed.

You will found the link in first post (on bottom) of this topic :

http://forums.vso-software.fr/blu-ray-t ... 13040.html

Have a nice week end!
Thank You!! Works great, no problems.

The only thing better than a Holiday is a Weekend. :D