Video Converter Vs Blu-ray Converter or DVD Converter

Free video converter, convert from any format to any format, mkv to avi, m2ts to avi, mp4, h264, mts, wmv, mov, DVD, etc.

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

scarboro98

Video Converter Vs Blu-ray Converter or DVD Converter

Post by scarboro98 »

I normally use a different product to do conversions because of VSO being slow, but still like the products and have purchased them. Just wondering, noticed in the newsletter that both the Blu-ray Converter and DVD Converter had been updated. How do they compare to the current video converter? I am mostly looking at speed and reliability. Are the stand alone versions different/better than video converter, or are they the same in a different package?
Love VSO, and thanks for all you do. :?:
cedric
VSO Team Member

Re: Video Converter Vs Blu-ray Converter or DVD Converter

Post by cedric »

Hello,

Blu-ray and DVD Converter use an advanced parsing method allowing to extract all extra video parts like bonuses, angles, versions... when Video Converter extract only the main parts.
The other difference is in video editor. You can add files in Y axis only using Blu-ray and DVD converter when you can add files in both X and Y axis in Video Converter.

"I normally use a different product to do conversions because of VSO being slow"
What program do you use for your conversions?
Can you give me some comparison tests you done?
- input file type
- output format (video/audio/subtitle codecs, video bitrate, output file size...)
- conversion time with both programs
- output quality

Thanks!
dosibo51

Post by dosibo51 »

[quote="cedric"]Hello,

Blu-ray and DVD Converter use an advanced parsing method allowing to extract all extra video parts like bonuses, angles, versions... when Video Converter extract only the main parts.[/quote]

Hi Cedric,

is this a joke?

I bought Video Converter because I have thought Blu-Ray + DVD Converter are included - I bought the life time version!

That is the reason why video converter can not rip the blu-rays with all the episodes on it - e.g. all episodes from "Breaking Bad" - only the first will be shown as I can remember. See another question in this forum by myself!

Will this continue in the future?

The software is completely not usable for me. I want to have back my money - or change the license to the blu-ray converter!

What should I do now?
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

I bought Video Converter because I have thought Blu-Ray + DVD Converter are included - I bought the life time version!
These are 3 separate products. You can purchase a lifetime license for each.
Only our Goldmembership virtual package includes several of our products.
There are software sales where you can buy 2 at a discounted price as a bundle, but Video Converter lifetime does not unblock DVD and Blu-ray Converter.
That is the reason why video converter can not rip the blu-rays with all the episodes on it - e.g. all episodes from "Breaking Bad" - only the first will be shown as I can remember. See another question in this forum by myself!

Will this continue in the future?
Not sure I understand the question
The software is completely not usable for me. I want to have back my money - or change the license to the blu-ray converter!
Anything is possible just contact us directly.
scorpion90

Post by scorpion90 »

cedric wrote:Hello,

Blu-ray and DVD Converter use an advanced parsing method allowing to extract all extra video parts like bonuses, angles, versions... when Video Converter extract only the main parts.
The other difference is in video editor. You can add files in Y axis only using Blu-ray and DVD converter when you can add files in both X and Y axis in Video Converter.

"I normally use a different product to do conversions because of VSO being slow"
What program do you use for your conversions?
Can you give me some comparison tests you done?
- input file type
- output format (video/audio/subtitle codecs, video bitrate, output file size...)
- conversion time with both programs
- output quality

Thanks!
Cedric,

Since I like video converter so well, your explanation of blu-ray converter convinced me to buy it because of the additional capabilities. Nice piece of software including the hi-def audio abilities.