Version 1.2.0.12 mkv subtitles problem

Help with Bluray Converter and Convert DVD to mp4 and other formats. strip Bluray, convert to Blu-ray or avchd, convert blu ray to mkv, avi, copy DVDs and much more.

Moderators: Maggie, alexia, Forum admin

Goodnight

Version 1.2.0.12 mkv subtitles problem

Post by Goodnight »

I am a new member in this forum,and i would like to buy this beautiful aplication.I want first to test it and ensure that i will not have any problem like this in future.I just made an mkv video file and i can't see anywhere my subtitles(except of cource watermark)!I can see them in video preview window but not in output video file.Does anybody have the same problem?The selected profile is HQ 1080p CUDA,and also with a profile without CUDA.The result it is the same.The video quality with cuda i must say it is fantastic!!!
cedric
VSO Team Member

Re: Version 1.2.0.12 mkv subtitles problem

Post by cedric »

Hi,

What software do you use to play your file?

Thank you.
Goodnight

Post by Goodnight »

My SAMSUNG LED TV... :wink: I tried also MPC(media player classic with k-lite codecs)which i used for many time(about two years) without any problem!But the most important is that i can't see subtitles in my TV.
cedric
VSO Team Member

Post by cedric »

Hi,

It seems SAMSUNG TVs are not able to display encoded subtitles...
Take a look at here :
http://forums.cnet.com/7723-13973_102-345039.html

To use subtitle feature with SAMSUNG TVs, you must put a .srt file (a single text file whit subtitles values & timing) with same name as your video file (like AVATAR.mkv -> AVATAR.srt) in same video file location.

You can try to find the srt file corresponding to your movie here :
http://www.opensubtitles.org/fr

Regards,
Goodnight

Post by Goodnight »

No,no cedric...I have used trial in the past the first version(just to try it) of blu-ray ultimate trial and all was just fine!I also make a mkv video file with(dvdfab,sorry about that,i want to find a good final solution for my blu-rays)and everything it was just fine!The problem is in the new version of blu-ray converter ultimate!If the subtitles are direct render to the video file,my led tv doesn't have any problem to play the subtitles!My led tv is this(UE40C8000XW ).Can you give me an older version of blu-ray ultimate converter to verify that i am right?But believe me,i jut made an mkv video file with(dvdfab,sorry again...)and my subtitles direct render to the video file,and my led tv it show me the subtitles correct.If you need any other information to help you just tell me...
cedric
VSO Team Member

Post by cedric »

Ok!

If you want to use only one subtitle track merged in video, mkv output is not really adapted for your case.

To have the subtitle track merged in video, you must select another output format like AVI or PS3 (mp4).
When AVI output format is selected, you will be able to select only one subtitle track, and it will be merged in video stream, not as separate subtitle stream.

I tried AVI HD Ready (720p) output formats on my own SAMSUNG TV without any problem...

I'm waiting for your feedback...

Thank you.
Goodnight

Post by Goodnight »

Yes cedric you are right.I just make a avi video file and subtitles are ok!I want just simple to ask you,why subtitles can't merged in video stream in MKV profile?Could this be possible?Can you add it in mkv?I prefer mkv because i think it is a better format... :D Thank you again...
cedric
VSO Team Member

Post by cedric »

Hi,

mkv is only a multimedia file "container" and will not change the video/audio quality.
mkv is an usefull format when you want to have more than one audio track and more than one subtitle track
BUT
in your case (only one subtitle track merged in video) mkv is not adapted.

For exampe, if you select AVI Full HD (H264 or mpeg4) or mkv Full HD (H264 or mpeg4) output formats, you will have EXACTLY the same audio/video quality (because same video/audio codecs will be used).

Like your SAMSUNG TV doesn't support VOBSUB streams, AVI format is the format you must use...

Thanks.