Using VMP to play 3d

bluray player, video player, audio player, free video player, free media player

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, alexia, Forum admin

checkit

Using VMP to play 3d

Post by checkit »

I can't seem to figure out how to use VMP to play 3d movies. I've used a variety of other players to do it, but not with VMP. Is there a switch I need to use? I can't find one.

There seem to be 2 levels of support for viewing 3d movies. A few players, like PowerDVD, seem to understand the 3d content. When I use one of these programs to view 3d content, my TV will automatically detect the 3d and switch into that mode.

With other players, like VLC, they don't seem to understand 3d. Instead, they just send the entire side by side (or top-bottom) frame to the TV. However, my TV (and I think most others) has an option where I can explicitly set it to interpret the video as 3d, so I'm still able to watch 3d.

It seems that VMP, when it sees 3d content, only sends one or the other of the sides. While I can watch it in 2d and it looks great (a nice feature in itself), I can't see any way to tell it to send both pictures side by side.

Your player is awesome, since it's the only free one I can find that will play blu-rays images. If it could do 3d, it would be everything I need. Please help.
checkit

Re: Using VMP to play 3d

Post by checkit »

I have to modify my original post due to more experimenting. If I play an mkv with 3d, it will show the video side by side, which I can then watch 3d by switching it myself on my tv.

However, any 3d disk I try to view only shows like 2d, with no side by side image. Is there a way to make 3d disks work like 3d mkvs?
Claire
VSO Team Member

Re: Using VMP to play 3d

Post by Claire »

Hello,

We are happy to hear you like our player.

Actual 3D Blu-ray playback is not coming anytime soon, sorry about this.