some suggestions and a feature request for VSO Downloader

download audio/video streaming

Moderators: Maggie, JJ, alexia, LouisM, Forum admin

minhcute

some suggestions and a feature request for VSO Downloader

Post by minhcute »

Hi,

As title,I have some suggestions and a feature request for VSO Downloader.I hope them will be helpful.

1.Suggestions :

a.(Please view picture 1.jpg below) By default,when click x , VSO Downloader will exit.In my opinion,when click x , VSO Downloader should be minimized to tray icon.If this is available,VSO Downloader will always in working status.It will always automatically catch link for users.So the users won't have to restart it whenever they want to download.It is more convenient,isn't it ?

b.You should set VSO Downloader to automatically start up same time with Windows (it means that VSO Downloader will be a start up program,such as almost antivirus softwares.Can you understand my description ?).And its start up type is minimized to tray icon,not show its main interface.In my opinion,this is very convenient.Because the users won't have to start up and minimize it to tray icon by themselves after each bout Windows starts up.

c.By default,when VSO Downloader is minimized to tray icon,the users must double-left click to its icon to see the main interface of VSO Downloader.In my opinion,one-left click to its icon to show its main interface is faster and more convenient.

2.Feature request :

I'm aware that VSO Downloader can't download file at the site " mega.co.nz".To download any file at there,I must install extension Mega for Firefox or use the software MegaDownloader.So it is very inconvenient.Here is a link of this site to demonstrate what I have just said,you can test on your computer (you wait a little,then click "Download to your computer" ):

https://mega.co.nz/#!rgIgxLYL!Z3o1YYA9v ... gjDQhfXfY0

So I hope you will set VSO Downloader to support downloading at this site.If this is available,I'll be very amusing.

I will wait for your reply,

Best regards
Attachments
Last edited by minhcute on Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rwmol

Re: some suggestions and a feature request for VSO Downloade

Post by rwmol »

I will respond to the issues under 1.

a. Yes. This is a simple fix for a programmer and should be fixed

b. Options>Settings>General is a box to check. This will minimize to the System Tray. To have it start with Windows. Go to VSO directory. Create a shortcut for the .exe file and drag it to the Startup folder under Start.

The only other recommendation I'd make here is for VSO Downloader to start with Stop Detection. Let the user decide when to start his downloads.

c. Another simple fix. Should be corrected.
minhcute

Post by minhcute »

Hi rwmol,

Thanks for your reply.Here are my opinions :

I."Options>Settings>General is a box to check. This will minimize to the System Tray. To have it start with Windows. Go to VSO directory. Create a shortcut for the .exe file and drag it to the Startup folder under Start" -----> I know this.But evidently that start up (minimize to System Tray) automatically by itself is better and more convenient.So I still think that this suggestion should be accepted.

II."The only other recommendation I'd make here is for VSO Downloader to start with Stop Detection. Let the user decide when to start his downloads" -----> I completely don't agree with your opinion.Because automatically detecting and automatically downloading are the great features of VSO Downloader that almost other download manager softwares don't have.These features help the downloading affair to be extremely simple,extremely easy and extremely convenient for both newbie users and experienced users.This is the reason why I and almost VSO Downloader's users (I believe this) love VSO Downloader very much and like it than other download manager softwares.

Regards
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

minhcute wrote:Hi,

As title,I have some suggestions and a feature request for VSO Downloader.I hope them will be helpful.

1.Suggestions :

a.(Please view picture 1.jpg below) By default,when click x , VSO Downloader will exit.In my opinion,when click x , VSO Downloader should be minimized to tray icon.If this is available,VSO Downloader will always in working status.It will always automatically catch link for users.So the users won't have to restart it whenever they want to download.It is more convenient,isn't it ?
entered as feature request here http://bugs.vso-software.fr/view.php?id=7890
minhcute wrote: b.You should set VSO Downloader to automatically start up same time with Windows (it means that VSO Downloader will be a start up program,such as almost antivirus softwares.Can you understand my description ?).And its start up type is minimized to tray icon,not show its main interface.In my opinion,this is very convenient.Because the users won't have to start up and minimize it to tray icon by themselves after each bout Windows starts up.
entered as feature request here http://bugs.vso-software.fr/view.php?id=7889
minhcute wrote:c.By default,when VSO Downloader is minimized to tray icon,the users must double-left click to its icon to see the main interface of VSO Downloader.In my opinion,one-left click to its icon to show its main interface is faster and more convenient.
a new beta is coming and for me it is opening with one click from try icon
minhcute wrote: 2.Feature request :

I'm aware that VSO Downloader can't download file at the site " mega.co.nz".To download any file at there,I must install extension Mega for Firefox or use the software MegaDownloader.So it is very inconvenient.Here is a link of this site to demonstrate what I have just said,you can test on your computer (you wait a little,then click "Download to your computer" ):

https://mega.co.nz/#!rgIgxLYL!Z3o1YYA9v ... gjDQhfXfY0

So I hope you will set VSO Downloader to support downloading at this site.If this is available,I'll be very amusing.
entered as a feature request here http://bugs.vso-software.fr/view.php?id=7888
minhcute

Post by minhcute »

Hi,

Thanks very much for accepting all my feature requests.I have just read your above announcement about the new version 4 of this software,and I am very amusing about this.I am very eager for the new version 4 is released.

Regards
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

for your request about https://mega.co.nz/
basically you want VSO Downloader to download .RAR files is that correct?

This is not streaming content do you confirm?
minhcute

Post by minhcute »

Hi Claire,

Yes,I hope VSO Downloader to be able to download the RAR file at there.The reason why I have the feature request support mega.co.nz is : in my country,very many movie uploaders usually upload movies to there.They often compress the movie files to several RAR files (...part 1.rar,...part 2.rar,....) and then upload all these RAR files to there.After downloading these RAR files to computer and then extracting,we will have the complete movie file.But till now there isn't any download manager software can download (the RAR file) from there except only MegaDownloader (the download manager software created by "mega.co.nz" 's owner).

Best regards
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

Hello,

Ok thanks, I have added that information to the feature request, but I doubt it will be added to our software is it is software to download and capture streaming content.

You could use an old version of VSO Downloader (probably prior to 1.0.0.9) as it downloaded various types of files and not just streaming.