Recent issues with Youtube detection

download audio/video streaming

Moderators: Maggie, JJ, alexia, LouisM, Forum admin

Annelise
VSO Team Member

Recent issues with Youtube detection

Post by Annelise »

You may have experienced detection issues recently with some Youtube videos.
Youtube has implemented a new protocol on some of its videos (not all of them of course), which prevents our downloader (and others on the market) to download the sound or even detect the video.
We are working to catch up with their technology, and we will, but it might take a few weeks.

Thanks for your understanding
Mike89

Re: Recent issues with Youtube detection

Post by Mike89 »

Yep I've sure experienced this problem with a whole lot of youtube vids, almost every one I've tried except for a couple. I think youtube is doing this new protocol to all of it's vids eventually. Hopefully this downloader catches up. The rate youtube is going I'd say all vids will be in this new protocol in a short period of time.

After checking out more vids, it's not quite as bad as I first thought. Still a lot without this new protocol but a lot with it too. I sure hope youtube doesn't do this to all their content.
I7 3770K (Noctua NH-U14S), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 (2x8) Gigs Corsair DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 770, Acer P236H, Soundblaster Z, Crucial M500 120 GB SSD, WD 2 TB Black HDD, WD 1 TB Black HDD, WD 2 TB Black HDD (eSata), 2 DVD Burners, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Rosewill Photon 750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 10 Pro x64
Frederik

Post by Frederik »

I am having problems with YouTube - try this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... dd6JzJgJGY
Benjamin
VSO Team Member

Post by Benjamin »

the next release will support this kind of stream.
Frederik

Post by Frederik »

Is there any progress with a new version that works on Youtube - most downloads don't work at the moment
Benjamin
VSO Team Member

Post by Benjamin »

you can try the beta that is available here:
http://forums.vso-software.fr/new-vso-d ... 17348.html
Mike89

Post by Mike89 »

So far the newest version 3.1.0.31 has tackled all those newly formatted youtube vids I've thrown at it with ease. Very nice. Even better is it's doing it much quicker than previous versions by a good amount. Most of the time now the file is downloaded before youtube even plays it. Pretty impressive!
I7 3770K (Noctua NH-U14S), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 (2x8) Gigs Corsair DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 770, Acer P236H, Soundblaster Z, Crucial M500 120 GB SSD, WD 2 TB Black HDD, WD 1 TB Black HDD, WD 2 TB Black HDD (eSata), 2 DVD Burners, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Rosewill Photon 750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 10 Pro x64