A subtitle solution. Many lines are now back !

Convert to HD, convert Blu-ray , blu-ray menu, Burn bluray disks, create blu-ray disk, create AVCHD, Create custom blu-ray disk with menu

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

Wesley0059

A subtitle solution. Many lines are now back !

Post by Wesley0059 »

Hello,

This joke did cost me a lot of testing and waisting disks !!

When you install ConvertxtoHD, It's standard subtitle settings are WRONG, like HELL.

1) The left / right free space on borders, MUST be brought back to: ZERO.
Specially when you are burning on 16/9 Blurays.
Due you have a 16/9 TV screen, you're subs texts may become longer, than instead of programmed for a 4:3 TV

2) Bring back: ARIAL 36 to :> ARIAL 32
So a littlebit smaller subs.

3) Open the sub .SRT file with the free program: Subtitle Edit
Select all text, then do a right mouse click, selecting: (Normal, remove formatting)
All Bold and Underline codes should be AWAY. These codes, take a hell away from you're sub lines.

4) While still all text is selected = press options / settings menu .....
Change the following = Single line max text = instead of 43 (that's way to small !!!) in 150 or so.
Are there still long texts : NOT shown = change to 160 / 170 / 180 / .... until you're happy.

5) Before you change the : Single line max text, It's recommended first to remove all BREAKS first.
how do you do that ? Select all subs lines, then press: UNBREAK on the right below of you're screen.
Then increase the single lines to 150 or so. And then PRESS : AUTO-BR(reak)

This way, you're space for subs, will increase. (left and right)
So you will see longer sentences beeing displayed, from now on. Yes, I know it's technical.
But ones, you have done it a couple of times, editing the subs. I goes almost auto pressing a few buttons.

Be adviced, you must edit every .SRT file !!!! To avoid that problem again.
Every .SRT of every movie, every TV serie episode, ............

The standard settings of : ConvertxtoHD are wrong and bad for: 16/9 screens.
I think these are still the standard settings, from in the old days (DVD + 4:3 screens

99% of my subs are now displayed. Before only 60% !!!!
That's a massive more display of subs.

If it works for you as well, ask for a sticky message. Convertxtovideo, might have the same problem as well.