"New video converter" vs ConXtoDVD

Free video converter, convert from any format to any format, mkv to avi, m2ts to avi, mp4, h264, mts, wmv, mov, DVD, etc.

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

JULIO99

"New video converter" vs ConXtoDVD

Post by JULIO99 »

Hi Claire, Long time no hear. Did some help for you guys a long time back on ConXtoDVD. Hope everything is well with you all. What I'd like to know is regarding this new product. What exactly differentiates this product and ConXtoDVD? Is it because it is more flexible as far as options go?
Claire
VSO Team Member

Re: "New video converter" vs ConXtoDVD

Post by Claire »

With Video Converter you can convert to a variety of formats.
With ConvertXtoDVD you can only convert to DVD.

The difference when converting to DVD with Video Converter or ConvertXtoDVD is that with ConvertXtoDVD you can edit the menus.
JULIO99

Post by JULIO99 »

Thanks very much Claire! I was wondering about the menu part in the new software. So I take it you have no menu at all in the new software? It converts to the format wanted and you just go from there? Say you do convert to a DVD with the new Converter. Is there at least a stock menu, or do you just figure out what to do with your conversion when it's done?
cedric
VSO Team Member

Post by cedric »

Hello JULIO99,

You should install the last beta version and do a try:
http://forums.vso-software.fr/latest-be ... 17957.html

Regards,
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

When converting to DVD/ AVCHD / or Blu-ray there are several menu templates to choose from but you cannot customize the background image for example or the font and color of items in the menu.
Coral
VSO Moderators

Post by Coral »

I consider converting to DVD in the Video Converter to be a bonus. The converter on it's own is already a very practical tool. Infact I have been surprised with the inclusion of the DVD converter.
JULIO99

Post by JULIO99 »

Claire wrote:When converting to DVD/ AVCHD / or Blu-ray there are several menu templates to choose from but you cannot customize the background image for example or the font and color of items in the menu.
It sounds like it might be time to give it a spin. Thanks Claire!
JULIO99

Post by JULIO99 »

Coral wrote:I consider converting to DVD in the Video Converter to be a bonus. The converter on it's own is already a very practical tool. Infact I have been surprised with the inclusion of the DVD converter.
Do you yourself find it comparable to ConX2DVD, better as far as that part of it goes or just as good? I know it has a lot of other extras so I'll just ask you what you think of the DVD part.
Coral
VSO Moderators

Post by Coral »

JULIO99 wrote: Do you yourself find it comparable to ConX2DVD, better as far as that part of it goes or just as good? I know it has a lot of other extras so I'll just ask you what you think of the DVD part.
If your main intention is to convert to DVD, then if I had to choose I would go ConvertX. As Claire said, there are some features that are missing in the converter version. To have said it all. I have never used the the converter for DVD conversions. But I can tell you that the converter does quite a good job with convertions and movie editing.
JULIO99

Post by JULIO99 »

Thanks Coral. You have been very gracious in your replies. I appreciate that. Also thanks to everyone else for their thoughts.