key used on to many computers

Convert any type of file to DVD and burn to play on any type of DVD player. Create customized menus. Special menu template creator included

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

Soxa

key used on to many computers

Post by Soxa »

hi

as i had to do 2 reinstalls in a short time, the second time i wanted to activate vso , it says , again, that the key has been used to many times
Is there a way i can have a new key that works again without having to call the support all the time ? or is there a fix i can do myself ?
I have this problems all the time, i use to do reinstalls all the time because of problems with windows

I have a lifetime key so i hope you guys can help me ?

thx
yoyo57

Re: key used on to many computers

Post by yoyo57 »

usually this means key has been used on other computers. suggest go here for help on this http://www.vso-software.fr/support.php
VSO Gold Member
Soxa

Post by Soxa »

hi

I found a solution, i had to wright a word , revoke and a button should show up
i did all that but nothing happens, so that solution doesn't work

Any other things i could try ?

ty
Coral
VSO Moderators

Post by Coral »

Soxa wrote:hi

I found a solution, i had to wright a word , revoke and a button should show up
i did all that but nothing happens, so that solution doesn't work

Any other things i could try ?

ty
This feature has been introduced recently.
Contact support and let them know what happened. You will also be doing them a favour since they could fix the problem for the future.
yoyo57

Post by yoyo57 »

for info on revoke, I have used this a few times and it works well.

But for your installation suggest you still contact support to check your licence number to check if compromised by being used on other computers

you can remove authorization for a given PC by yourself, to make room for other installation.
In the key field of the enter license dialog, just type the word "revoke", and click the action button (which caption should have switched to "revoke"). Once done, you will have the opportunity to use your license on a fresh new computer.
Please note also that after revocation, you have a 1 week delay before you can re-authorize the same computer for the same software.
VSO Gold Member
Soxa

Post by Soxa »

convertxtodvd.png
convertxtodvd.png
hi,
i did the revoke in the license field but nothing comes up in the button where it normaly should apear instead of activate.
I contacted suport they told me the same to do it i did it but same problem.
i sended back it didnt work and now they didnt answer me again for 3 days in a row.
I dunno what the problem is bought a lifetime and i am not gonna buy a new one.
They should make it easier to activate like other programs do just make an acount and login not a revoke thing but thats my opinion tho.
sorry double post picture.
yoyo57

Post by yoyo57 »

see the notes "Please note also that after revocation, you have a 1 week delay before you can re-authorize the same computer for the same software."

But also follow up with support again if they have not answered you yet

Or if revoked, try install on another computer
VSO Gold Member
Soxa

Post by Soxa »

Suport just ditched me i am gonna open a new ticket !
i am gonna give my computer id en serial key and the need to activate it ik know this since they did in the past
Coral
VSO Moderators

Post by Coral »

Soxa wrote:Suport just ditched me i am gonna open a new ticket !
i am gonna give my computer id en serial key and the need to activate it ik know this since they did in the past
I'll try and attract VSO's attention to your request. Just hang on.
Jacques (VSO)
VSO Team Member

Post by Jacques (VSO) »

Hello Soxa,

we have your support request, but we are a little bit late on the answer now. It should be dealt with not later than tomorrow. Sorry for the delay.

I take the opportunity to tell that the revocation mechansm has been made more user friendly.

* The same computer can be re-authorized immediately after being disabled, but with a limit of 3 revocations per each 7 sliding days period per computer, per license. So for short, a deauthorized computer can be reauthorized immediately.
* During uninstallation, user is asked to revoke the computer, so just uninstalling the software allow one to make room for other computer's installation.
Jacques.
VSO Software Team Member
Soxa

Post by Soxa »

hi guys the problem is solved !

thx for helping everyone

Soxa
Coral
VSO Moderators

Post by Coral »

Soxa wrote:hi guys the problem is solved !

thx for helping everyone

Soxa
Glad you're happy.
reddwarf4ever

Post by reddwarf4ever »

[quote="Soxa"]hi

as i had to do 2 reinstalls in a short time, the second time i wanted to activate vso , it says , again, that the key has been used to many times
Is there a way i can have a new key that works again without having to call the support all the time ? or is there a fix i can do myself ?
I have this problems all the time, i use to do reinstalls all the time because of problems with windows

I have a lifetime key so i hope you guys can help me ?

thx[/quote]

Hi you shouldn’t need to keep reinstalling windows.

Windows 10 is a lot more reliable than previous versions. Try using macrium reflect backup ( FREE ) its very very good, you can even set schedules for backups.....only one FULL backup then incremental....maybe a full backup once a month or so.
Handy to have a spare portable hdd for this, or a different internal HDD. Once you have a backup, any problems with windows can easily be resolved by restoring the backup, very quick and painless.

What issues do you have to require regular reinstalls of windows ?