How to delete vid from program window?

Free video converter, convert from any format to any format, mkv to avi, m2ts to avi, mp4, h264, mts, wmv, mov, DVD, etc.

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

Mike89

How to delete vid from program window?

Post by Mike89 »

I have a simple if not stupid question. Once converting a vid in this program, how do you remove it from the program window if you wanted to convert another vid? I fumbled around and couldn't figure out how to do this simple task. Each time I wanted to convert another vid, I had to close the program out and open it again to get the previous vid out of the window.

Nevermind I found it but now there is another issue. After removing it and trying to delete the original vid, it says it can't remove it cause it's still open in Video Converter. The first time I removed a previous original vid, it allowed me to delete it. But the second time I tried it with another vid, it would not let me delete that original vid. Still had to close the program be able to do it.
I7 3770K (Noctua NH-U14S), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 (2x8) Gigs Corsair DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 770, Acer P236H, Soundblaster Z, Crucial M500 120 GB SSD, WD 2 TB Black HDD, WD 1 TB Black HDD, WD 2 TB Black HDD (eSata), 2 DVD Burners, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Rosewill Photon 750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 10 Pro x64
cedric
VSO Team Member

Re: How to delete vid from program window?

Post by cedric »

To delete an item in tree, just click on it. You will see the "remove selection" button activated (on top toolbar).

Regards,
Mike89

Post by Mike89 »

I know but doing that still locks the original vid where you can't delete it until the program is closed.
I7 3770K (Noctua NH-U14S), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 (2x8) Gigs Corsair DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 770, Acer P236H, Soundblaster Z, Crucial M500 120 GB SSD, WD 2 TB Black HDD, WD 1 TB Black HDD, WD 2 TB Black HDD (eSata), 2 DVD Burners, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Rosewill Photon 750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 10 Pro x64
cedric
VSO Team Member

Post by cedric »

Hello Mike89,

I tried to reproduce your problem but I can delete the file on hard disk without problem:
- I added the file in tree then removed it, I can delete/rename the input file
- I added the file in tree, started, cancelled a conversion then removed it from tree, I can delete/rename the input file
- I added the file in tree, converted it completely then removed it from tree, I can delete/rename the input file

Maybe are you doing another thing?

Thank you.
cedric
VSO Team Member

Post by cedric »

Ok reproduced...!

I need to play the file in video editor (video preview), close the video editor, remove the file from tree and in this case I can't delete/rename the source file.
Problem will be fixed in next version.

Thanks.
Mike89

Post by Mike89 »

Cool, I'm glad you could reproduce it. Funny, after reading your last post I went back and converted a few files and could not produce the problem again. I no longer have any of those original files left (the ones where the issue was reproduced) as I deleted them all. So maybe it appeared just with certain conversions? Beats me. I notice when it did happen though, if I clicked on the button "Clear Opened Files History" in Settings, I could then delete the original file while program was still open.

What I was doing when this issue popped up was getting rid of all my .flv's (and some avi's that didn't show thumbnails) because I wanted to have the thumbnails of all my vids showing. So it was when doing those vid conversions (to mp4) that was exposing the problem. Now it appears that doing conversions of the vids I have left don't produce the issue. When you said you could not re-produce it at first I was going "how could he not re-produce it, it's happening to me almost every time". Then I go back now and can't re-produce it! I'm now befuddled.