How do I burn an already converted project to BluRay

Convert to HD, convert Blu-ray , blu-ray menu, Burn bluray disks, create blu-ray disk, create AVCHD, Create custom blu-ray disk with menu

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

Stevo

How do I burn an already converted project to BluRay

Post by Stevo »

Hi, Excellent product. I burned my converted project to a Bluray. But, I want to burn this to a 2nd BluRay. I go to the menu, then Action, and then, Burn an Already Converted Project. When I do this, it goes to the converted file but it does not detect a folder I can open. If I close Convert XtoHD, then go to the converted file on my desktop, I can see a file index.bdmv, which is the file the program is looking for. If I drag this into Convert XtoHD, I can only reconvert it which takes several hours. So, my question is, once I burn the first conversion to a Bluray, how do I do the same to a 2nd BluRay without reconverting the project which takes several hours. Thanks, Steve
Claire
VSO Team Member

Re: How do I burn an already converted project to BluRay

Post by Claire »

Hello,

Sorry it is not clear for you.

Actually go to Burn an Already Converted Project, select the index.bdmv
and the burning window will come up. The software will actually take the whole folder and set of files created during the conversion.

The file will not load into the interface of ConvertXtoHD like you would convert it, you will just see a burning window.
Stevo

Post by Stevo »

Hi Claire,

Thanks for your message. I tried what you said a few weeks ago and then after your post. My issue is that when I click on, Burn an Already Converted Project, a window pops up to locate the index.bdmv, I go to the converted file, but index.bdmv does not show in the converted file folder. They are all empty

However, when I close Convert X to Hd and then open the converted file folder, I do see index.bdmv. So, this is my issue. Then if I try to drag the index.bdmv folder into Convert X to HD, it starts the whole conversion process again which takes like 15 hrs.

So, my question is: when I click, Burn an Already Converted Project, why are all the files in the Converted file blank and why can't I see index.bdmv? But, when NOT clicking on, Burn an Already Converted Project, and I open the converted file, I do see index.bdmv.

I tried converting my recording with the ISO option and when I click on, Burn an Already Converted Project, I do see the ISO file and it burns to the BluRay. However, there is no main menu or chapters.

If you could advise on how I can get to the index.bdmv folder when I click, Burn an Already Converted Project, I would appreciate it as the pop up window that comes up shows many files and when i go to the converted file, all the sub files are empty. Thank you
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

I'm sorry my answer above is wrong, it applied to our other products.

In ConvertXtoHD, as soon as you select the parent folder (containing in it a BDMV folder that within it has all the corresponding files that makes up the blu-ray output) the "ok" button will become clickable. The "ok" button will be clickable if you select the parent folder or the BDMV folder but not clickable if you select a different folder.

This browser window that opens allows you to see only folders, not the files within it.

If you navigate to that folder (not using ConvertXtoHD) you will see all the files that make up the structure. Don't worry they will all be "grabbed" and used by ConvertXtoHD when selecting the Parent or the BDMV folder.

As for no menu with ISO what are you using to watch the file? For example our Player, VSO Media Player does not know how to play blu-ray menus, it will only play the actual titlesets.
Attachments
Snap7877.jpg
Stevo

Post by Stevo »

Thank you Claire,

I tried what you said earlier and when I click the "Ok" button, it just opens the parent file with nothing in it. Thus, there is nothing to add.

No, I meant when I use the option in the burn settings to create an ISO file, I can then burn multiple disks, but these have no chapters etc. I can forward rewind and can skip head but there are no chapters. So, I am hoping to burn a 2nd disc without creating a new conversion, like the ISO I just mentioned but with chapters etc.

Thank you
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

Stevo wrote:I tried what you said earlier and when I click the "Ok" button, it just opens the parent file with nothing in it. Thus, there is nothing to add.
If this is happening then there must have been a problem with the conversion. Even when visually we think via that selection Window ConvertXtoHD is only looking/listing the folders it knows at that point whether the files within in are a valid and complete blu-ray structure for burning, and if it is not the button "ok" will not be "clickable"[/quote]
Stevo wrote:No, I meant when I use the option in the burn settings to create an ISO file, I can then burn multiple disks, but these have no chapters etc. I can forward rewind and can skip head but there are no chapters. So, I am hoping to burn a 2nd disc without creating a new conversion, like the ISO I just mentioned but with chapters etc.
Do you have "burn automatically after conversion" checked? Right after converting do you burn your ISO image?
The difference between burning and ISO or a DVD will not affect the menus or chapters, however what will affect this is the player you use to play the file. Not all players are capable of playing/seeing these items.