Few More Issues

Convert to HD, convert Blu-ray , blu-ray menu, Burn bluray disks, create blu-ray disk, create AVCHD, Create custom blu-ray disk with menu

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

SomeoneElse

Few More Issues

Post by SomeoneElse »

I usually put a really high target size that way automatic will always be at very short and I can convert and just see if the size will really still fit on a disc or not. If it doesn't, I redo it.

Well, I updated to the latest beta version, because I did not want to have that aspect ratio bug. My project ended up a little too big for a disc so I of course did not attempt burning it.

1. When I then tried to add the videos from the stream folder to a NEW project with smart copy turned on, it only added a few titles to the project and skipped most of them.
2. The few it did add to the project, if I clicked on the title to try to select it, it would open a window trying to get me to add a new file or something.
3. In the past if I went into the stream folder I could play those files in VLC media player. Now, however, they do not play and they do not have any length shown for any of the videos. Would I be wasting my time even burning this? If those files don't play in VLC, as they used to, I assume it is some bug and they will not play if I burn to disc either?

I have wasted so many discs, so I don't want to keep risking burning them if they aren't going to work. Last time I tried burning a disc, it still would not play at all if I did merging and cuts and someone else posted a bug in here about his not playing many months ago, with no response from staff. I've wasted about 20-25 taiyo yuden DL discs at this point and am trying to be careful.
JJ
VSO Moderators

Re: Few More Issues

Post by JJ »

Get re-writable and test with that, no use to waste discs.
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.click2give4free.com/val.php?v=739
This link is just for spammers, don't click!
SomeoneElse

Post by SomeoneElse »

Yeah, I should have by now.

Anyway everything seems fine so far, lately, but I stopped really doing much of any cutting, since that always led to discs not working and they never seemed to know why.
sickindahead

Post by sickindahead »

If not re-writables, burn it as an ISO and use a program to emulate a drive to mount it, then your player of choice for playback testing. I do it this way to test menu layouts and sound configs before a proper burn to disc, saved lots of time and discs lol..