Feature Requests

Help with Bluray Converter and Convert DVD to mp4 and other formats. strip Bluray, convert to Blu-ray or avchd, convert blu ray to mkv, avi, copy DVDs and much more.

Moderators: Maggie, alexia, Forum admin

Paddy2007

Feature Requests

Post by Paddy2007 »

I am aware that the schedule is to get a working Bluray -> DVD version out first. So see this wishlist input for future versions.

1) Output to H264+AC3 or DTS to MKV format.

I use mediaplayers throughout the house and they work best with this format.

2) Let me preselect Languages for subtitle and audio in the setup so I don't have to do it everytime when converting a new bluray.

3) I need to OCR the SUP files from the bluray for my mediaplayer to be able to handle them. I would love if you could when creating a MKV choose to get the subtitle in either SUP or SUB/IDX format seperately. I understand that this is perhaps not the target group for the program to make such wishes but nevertheless ...

4) Let me predefine my own target size. I find that most Blurays looks good enough with 1Gbyte as target size for iPad for my commute. Being able to set this size myself and just select it would save me time and trouble.

Hope some of this input gets accepted for future versions.
cedric
VSO Team Member

Post by cedric »

Hi Paddy2007,

1) We are working on x264 video encoder (our AC3 encoder work fine at this time). Most of profiles in final version will include 2 different parts:
- Normal profiles using codecs like MPEG4, MPEG2, DivX3... (usefull to generate high compatibility files, for DivX home player for example)
- HD profile using H264 video codec

2)This feature is already implemented in current version, but not as setting. If you select English for audio language and French for subtitle language for a Blu-ray, these settings will be used as default for next Blu-ray disc you insert.

3)MKV output profile is in our task list, but will take a lot of time...

4)This feature is already implemented, and need to be tested/fixed.
In step 2, in place of choosing a media type (DVD5, DVD9...), select "Custom size". Enter the max output size you want in editor..

Thank you for your suggestions!
cedric
VSO Team Member

Re: Feature Requests

Post by cedric »

Hi,

Please, can you try with last beta version (1.2.0.0) I've just published :

http://forums.vso-software.fr/vso-blu-r ... 12998.html

I'm waiting for your feedback...

Thank you.