Downloading - Name of Video - How to change?

download audio/video streaming

Moderators: Maggie, JJ, alexia, LouisM, Forum admin

Ghost_Of_Dos

Downloading - Name of Video - How to change?

Post by Ghost_Of_Dos »

Hello, Ive played around with the settings, but I still can't seem to get the program to detect the name of the video from the online video. Example - If I use this video - /watch?v=S1Qn9wVLED0 (Most Funny Dogs Video) and download it, It will have the name - videoplayback(##).avi (I have the videos convert to .AVI)

So all my downloaded videos have the name videoplayback(##).AVI. Oh and the ## is the number of the video. I know I can rename the download after, or on the fly, but that is time consuming and hard to do when downloading multiple videos.

If you are able to do this without problems, can you please tell what your settings are. Thank You!

I have Ultimate Version 3.2.0.6
Benjamin
VSO Team Member

Re: Downloading - Name of Video - How to change?

Post by Benjamin »

the downloader try to rename automaticaly from the referrer web page or the meta data of the file, if these information are not provided we cannot rename the file, check the log to have more information.
Ghost_Of_Dos

Post by Ghost_Of_Dos »

I tried all that .. it still can't seem to find the name of the video that is playing / being downloaded. I've changed the settings and just get the default name videoplayback.avi , or a file name that is a long list of numbers like - 1362433846c8158.avi --- The log file reports - File renamed.
Benjamin
VSO Team Member

Post by Benjamin »

the name is not always sent sent by the server, that depends of the server configuration.