DVD Converter Wish List

Help with Bluray Converter and Convert DVD to mp4 and other formats. strip Bluray, convert to Blu-ray or avchd, convert blu ray to mkv, avi, copy DVDs and much more.

Moderators: Maggie, alexia, Forum admin

Copnm

DVD Converter Wish List

Post by Copnm »

Hey VSO. First off, I'd like to say that I love what you guys are doing as a group and I'm just curious as to what future options there will be for this program!

What I'd like to see are (most of these ideas come from ConvertXtoDVD and other competitive programs):
- Multicore processor optimization. Most modern computers and most users now utilize multicore processors. It would be nice to be able to utiltize some, if not all, of our cores to speed up the conversion process.
- Conversion priority. As I've seen in ConvertXtoDVD, the ability to prioritize the conversion process allows the user to freely use the PC to multitask while converting, or to maximize the conversion while minimizing background operations.
- 2-pass encoding. 2-pass encoding is usually better than 1-pass as is stated in ConvertXtoDVD and other competitive programs.
- Audio/Video bitrate options. Calculating the source's bitrate and being able to select bitrate, if the user chooses no size limit, should let the user maximize end quality.
- Audio normalization. This feature can be optional, but it may prove helpful if the user wants to reduce the maximum loudness of audio track(s) being converted.
- Audio format desired. Some people would prefer to convert the audio into a different format for their own reason. Having multiple format options would satisfy their demands. (Formats such as: aac, mp3, dts, etc.)
- Desired audio channels. Some people may want to downmix the number of channels or keep the source's. Having this feature would be uselful. (Channel options such as: stereo, Dolby ProLogic II, 5.1, same as source, etc.)
- Desired framerate. This feature can be optional. Some people may want to change the framerate into a faster or slower one for whatever their purpose is. I've seen this applied on other programs. (One way to do this can be for the user to input their desired framerate or choose to keep the source's.)

Forgive me if this is too much to ask, as I want this program to thrive and be the best in its category just like ConvertXtoDVD is in its category. Also, please correct me if I've mentioned some functions that are already applied.

Anyone is free to comment or add to.

Thanks for reading and considering.
cedric
VSO Team Member

Re: DVD Converter Wish List

Post by cedric »

Hello and thank you for your suggestions...

- Multicore processor optimization : Already implemented. At this time all core(s) available are used, but I will add an option to set max core to use.
- Conversion priority: Will be added in future version.
- 2-pass encoding: I will check if this option is very helpfull before adding it.
- Audio/Video bitrate options: Will be added as option in custom profile editor soon.
- Audio normalization: Already implemeted. This option called 'Audio boost' is available in Advanced settings, Audio processing tab.
- Audio format desired: Already implemeted with custom profiles feature.
- Desired audio channels. Already implemeted with custom profiles feature.
- Desired framerate: Not usefull enought to work on it at this time.

Regards,
Copnm

Post by Copnm »

Thank for your reply, Cedric. I look forward in seeing everything implemented in upcoming revisions!

EDIT:
I have 3 more suggestions:
1) This is can be optional, but I believe having the preview off at default will make the conversion process faster. I know it can be disabled, but someone might forget it's on.
2) Show the percentage converted in Windows' Aero like ConvertXtoDVD does.
3) The option to minimize to toolbar like ConvertXtoDVD does.
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

Show the percentage converted in Windows' Aero like ConvertXtoDVD does.
You do not see this, it is already integrated.

3) The option to minimize to toolbar like ConvertXtoDVD does.
will be added
Copnm

Post by Copnm »

Thank you for your reply, Claire!
Claire wrote:
Show the percentage converted in Windows' Aero like ConvertXtoDVD does.
You do not see this, it is already integrated.
Yes and no.

I see the Aero "green process" overlay, but I meant the way ConvertXtoDVD does it; the percentage shown in the title as well. I'd prefer it this way instead of having to "guesstimate" how much percentage is done and how much is left.