cinavia owned discs

Help with Bluray Converter and Convert DVD to mp4 and other formats. strip Bluray, convert to Blu-ray or avchd, convert blu ray to mkv, avi, copy DVDs and much more.

Moderators: Maggie, alexia, Forum admin

hobbit666

cinavia owned discs

Post by hobbit666 »

Hi,

I have the Blu-Ray to PS3 product and have a few Film that i want to rip and store on my NAS box to stream to my PS3.

(I also have the DVD converter and this is doing a great job)

Last night i tried to rip The Smurfs but on play back i get the PS3 cinavia protection thing, anyone know of a way of removing it????? I own the Blu-Ray just don't want the kids to scratch the disc like they do with the DVD's before i started streaming them.

Cheers
alan1476

Re: cinavia owned discs

Post by alan1476 »

No way that's plausible has been invented yet. The name of the encryption is Cinavia ( Cina via ) Cina from the word Cinematography. And via as " by way of " So " Verance the bad boys that created this obstruction of the audio signal, which by the way is the first successful protection in many years also has almost killed the industry they are trying to sell this protection to. All new Blu ray stand alones made after Feb 2012 have to have Cinavia protection in their firmware , so what most people have done is, stopped buying the new ones and the market for older players has sky rocketed. Imho, this will not last. Its a case of " be careful what you wish for, you just might get it." :mrgreen:
JJ
VSO Moderators

Re: cinavia owned discs

Post by JJ »

Solution with PS3 is to find old firmware for it. One that does not have Cinavia checks...
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.click2give4free.com/val.php?v=739
This link is just for spammers, don't click!