Burn speed

Help with Bluray Converter and Convert DVD to mp4 and other formats. strip Bluray, convert to Blu-ray or avchd, convert blu ray to mkv, avi, copy DVDs and much more.

Moderators: Maggie, alexia, Forum admin

new915

Burn speed

Post by new915 »

I am new to vso, however i noticed that when i first started using in the trial version, the burn process was much faster. my recent burns have been 5 hours for mkv 720p from a blu ray iso and 12 hours for a mkv 1080p burn

is there a way to speeed up the process

thanks, mike
JJ
VSO Moderators

Re: Burn speed

Post by JJ »

That is not burn speed you are referring to; it is total time including conversion.
To speed up conversion - clean your system, delete temp-files and trash, defrag all drives, shut down unused programs, don't use computer during conversion.
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.click2give4free.com/val.php?v=739
This link is just for spammers, don't click!
new915

Post by new915 »

Still having horrible conversion speeds that drop from 10 fps down to 5 fps and takes 3-9 hours to convert.

I am not a computer guy, so I know it has to be my computer settings and what not......but id like to use this software to convert my BR..

Please, like I am a two year old, can someone explain what I need to and how to set up my laptop to help me speed up the FPS during conversion.

Id like to convert using MKV 720 or even 1080P, either keeping hd audio or down sampling.

Thank you, Very frustrated, yet very hopeful to get this working better "for Me"

New915
tryout

Post by tryout »

new915 wrote:Still having horrible conversion speeds that drop from 10 fps down to 5 fps and takes 3-9 hours to convert.
I am not a computer guy, so I know it has to be my computer settings and what not......but id like to use this software to convert my BR..
Please, like I am a two year old, can someone explain what I need to and how to set up my laptop to help me speed up the FPS during conversion.
Id like to convert using MKV 720 or even 1080P, either keeping hd audio or down sampling.
Thank you, Very frustrated, yet very hopeful to get this working better "for Me"
New915
If you had a desktop computer, you had the chance to upgrade it but with a laptop things are much more limited.
Often laptops aren't powerful enough for video editing or conversion then add that your laptop most probably is running too many applications plus bloadware in the background so your tasks will take forever.
If you tell some more about your computer like brand and model, then I can tell you some basic stuff anyone can do even kids :)
Last edited by tryout on Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
tryout

Post by tryout »

Edit: trying of getting rid of "quote" commands....
JJ
VSO Moderators

Post by JJ »

Unclick "Disable BBCode" right below editing window.
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.click2give4free.com/val.php?v=739
This link is just for spammers, don't click!
tryout

Post by tryout »

JJ wrote:Unclick "Disable BBCode" right below editing window.
Thanks that worked although it should be off by default :D
new915

Post by new915 »

I'll get the make and model of the laptop I'm using.......can you recommend a desktop that can do this faster???

Thanks
tryout

Post by tryout »

new915 wrote:I'll get the make and model of the laptop I'm using.......can you recommend a desktop that can do this faster???
Thanks
I suggest you assemble your desktop so you save a lot of money which you can spend on your toy and so I think an all round computer is enough and you won't spend too much on it.
The following web forum has some suggestions I think the $1,000-1,300 configurations should suffice well for an all round desktop but it depends on how much you can spend: http://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/rmp_sg_whi ... ng_configs
A $3,000 and even more expensive brand laptop may still not beat such configurations.
Look at local hardware merchants they usually sell the parts and assemble for an extra $80-100 or if you're able, you can just do it your self.
Brand computers just use the same parts you can buy at hardware shops the difference is they charge you +$50-80% and even more BUT they still give crap and cheap parts.