Blu-ray to DVD: problem with field order?

Help with Bluray Converter and Convert DVD to mp4 and other formats. strip Bluray, convert to Blu-ray or avchd, convert blu ray to mkv, avi, copy DVDs and much more.

Moderators: Maggie, alexia, Forum admin

0xdeadbeef

Blu-ray to DVD: problem with field order?

Post by 0xdeadbeef »

I wonder if there's maybe a problem with the field order in the created MPEG2 stream. E.g. if a created DVD is played in MPC HC, there are deinterlacer artefacts while there shouldn't be any.

So I tried to load the created VOBs in DGMPGDec and used the preview mode with single step playback. While the progressive flag is set (field order: bottom), obviously the wrong half-frames are combined, as the preview shows heavy interlacing.

It's most interesting though that there is no interlacing whatsoever in the first VOB which contains the menu. Even though the rendered video therein is the same as in the first real movie VOB and the progressive/field settings are the same, only the movie VOB shows the interlacing issue.

I would suspect that maybe the field order is swapped in the MPEG2 stream created from the movie, but not in the one rendered for the menu.
cedric
VSO Team Member

Post by cedric »

Hi,

Can you say me if your test project was converted as PAL or NTSC?
What is the software version you used to do your tests?

Thank you!
0xdeadbeef

Post by 0xdeadbeef »

I converted to PAL and since the project I checked was created on the 3rd, it must have been done with "to DVD" 1.1.0.0, as the multi-title issue of 1.0.0.9 is not present and 1.1.0.1 was released on the 4th.