Blu Ray Converter Ultimate Won't load any Blu ray disks

Help with Bluray Converter and Convert DVD to mp4 and other formats. strip Bluray, convert to Blu-ray or avchd, convert blu ray to mkv, avi, copy DVDs and much more.

Moderators: Maggie, alexia, Forum admin

Toptotti

Blu Ray Converter Ultimate Won't load any Blu ray disks

Post by Toptotti »

I have AnyDVD on but when I try to open a blu ray with Blu Ray Converter Ultimate I get this error message:
bluray converter error.jpg
I thought this program was supposed to work directly from a disk (as I can do with DVD Converter Ultimate). Am I doing something wrong? Is it a setting I am missing? I ahve the latest version, 2.1.1.27. Thanks.
tryout

Re: Blu Ray Converter Ultimate Won't load any Blu ray disks

Post by tryout »

Toptotti wrote:I have AnyDVD on but when I try to open a blu ray with Blu Ray Converter Ultimate I get this error message:
I thought this program was supposed to work directly from a disk (as I can do with DVD Converter Ultimate). Am I doing something wrong? Is it a setting I am missing? I ahve the latest version, 2.1.1.27. Thanks.
It works on my computer but I load an iso images from virtual drive.
The software also locks all optical drives' icons in explorer and even if you refresh with F5 nothing changes, you must log off or restart the computer to have the icons back clean.
I would suggest you always rip the disk to computer then you do all you want.
JJ
VSO Moderators

Post by JJ »

If your system is obeying all rules with BR discs and you try to watch a BR movie on your system then system has to lock the chain from BR drive to display via gfx controller. That is required for official BR playing. If that happens then you can't access that disc, maybe nothing else neither.

Check that your system is not set to autoplay BR.
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.click2give4free.com/val.php?v=739
This link is just for spammers, don't click!
Toptotti

Post by Toptotti »

tryout wrote:
Toptotti wrote:I have AnyDVD on but when I try to open a blu ray with Blu Ray Converter Ultimate I get this error message:
It works on my computer but I load an iso images from virtual drive.
The software also locks all optical drives' icons in explorer and even if you refresh with F5 nothing changes, you must log off or restart the computer to have the icons back clean.
I would suggest you always rip the disk to computer then you do all you want.
Yes I can definitely load from an ISO but loading directly from a disk is much quicker. I can do it with DVD, with DVD Converter, so why can't I do it with a BD?
Toptotti

Post by Toptotti »

JJ wrote:If your system is obeying all rules with BR discs and you try to watch a BR movie on your system then system has to lock the chain from BR drive to display via gfx controller. That is required for official BR playing. If that happens then you can't access that disc, maybe nothing else neither.

Check that your system is not set to autoplay BR.
Thanks. I changed my setting to 'take no action' but I get the same error message and can not load a BD disc with Blu Ray Converter. What is odd is that I can do it with a DVD with DVD Converter. Same settings. So I am still at square one. I can load an ISO of a BD that I've already ripped to my HD with ANYDVD, but that takes almost an hour. Why doesn't the 'load from disc' option work?
tryout

Post by tryout »

JJ wrote:Check that your system is not set to autoplay BR.
I don't think this is of any relevance because my optical drives always have "no" association for autoplay features so to avoid pity conflicts, for sure Blu-ray Converter takes a bad attitude on them.
So how can you explain that even after I shut the software down the optical drives' icons still show the content of the disc even so I just expelled it?
JJ
VSO Moderators

Post by JJ »

If the cause of this problem is BR+ or AACS protection then it will only prevent BR discs from being accessed.
DVD or any other format, even older BR discs are not affected at all.
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.click2give4free.com/val.php?v=739
This link is just for spammers, don't click!
Toptotti

Post by Toptotti »

JJ wrote:If the cause of this problem is BR+ or AACS protection then it will only prevent BR discs from being accessed.
DVD or any other format, even older BR discs are not affected at all.
I don't see how that can be the reason because I always run ANYDVD first, which removes the AACS protection before I try to load the BD with VSO. I upgraded to the latest version of BD Converter Ultimate, .28, but I still get the error message when I try to load from disc. Hopefully someone at VSO tech will help me with this or someone else on this forum will have a solution. Thanks.
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

does it work with this older version
http://oasis.vso-software.fr/Beta/Blura ... 1.1.14.exe?
Toptotti

Post by Toptotti »

Claire wrote:does it work with this older version
http://oasis.vso-software.fr/Beta/Blura ... 1.1.14.exe?
I tried installing the old version but, as I said in the email, unfortunately I still get the same error message.....
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

I don't know what email you are talking about but I suggest trying with the link I just provided, that will download version 2.1.1.14
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

aemike

Post by aemike »

Hi
I like to make today a blu ray to dvd but got same error cant open any blu ray disk direct from Bluray drive.

I found why: you need install a driver InCDReader-5.9.4.0 after install it work :)
Some Win-Vista and Win-7 need too the driver!

read why not work without UDF driver:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321640/EN-US

Driver download here:
http://www.netzwelt.de/software-downloa ... -incd.html
Last edited by aemike on Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Toptotti

Post by Toptotti »

The problem I had with not being able to load a Blu ray disc with Blu Ray Converter was down to a Windows XP problem. It was locking the Rom drive from being read and so through VSO support I installed a driver (UDF 2.5 driver:), and then after many reboots to reinstall drivers, ANYDVD, etc., I was able to load directly from a Blu ray disk into BR Converter program. so the problem is fixed.
aemike

Post by aemike »

Nice!