Audio dropouts

Convert to HD, convert Blu-ray , blu-ray menu, Burn bluray disks, create blu-ray disk, create AVCHD, Create custom blu-ray disk with menu

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

mrtim

Audio dropouts

Post by mrtim »

Using 3.0.0.40

Audio settings are default "Convert DTS/TrueHD to AC-3"

the file has DTS audio.

getting small dropouts now and then on playback.

Output Format is AVCHD and using Verbatim DVD+R 5.

when I uncheck "Convert DTS/TrueHD to AC-3" and try to burn in original DTS format fails immediately.

Can Blu-ray format be burned to DVD5 or does it need to be AVCHD? I looked for an answer in the manual and could not find an answer to output formats.

thanks
Claire
VSO Team Member

Re: Audio dropouts

Post by Claire »

I've never heard of this problem of audio dropouts before.
If you could post your log file that would be useful, you will find it here
C:\ProgramData\VSO\ConvertXtoHD\3\Log

If this is unchecked "Convert DTS/TrueHD to AC-3" and the stream was a compatible dts format then the stream was copied as is (no processing done) so I don't see why the conversion would fail but your write "when I uncheck "Convert DTS/TrueHD to AC-3" and try to burn in original DTS format fails immediately." so did the conversion complete and the burn too, but you don't hear any sound?

If the audio was converted to AC-3 I don't see why there would be any audio dropouts other than a problem related to the disk burnt to (playback compatibility issue).

If you go to your output folder and play what was created by ConvertXtoHD (before the burning) and play that folder on your computer with PowerDVD or VSO Media Player, is the audio fine there with no dropouts?

I can agree not easy to find, but in the guide there is
http://www.vso-software.fr/guides/cxd/c ... ttings.php

"Blu-ray structures can only be burnt on Blu-ray disks. AVCHDs can be burnt on Blu-ray, DVDs, or transferred to USB."