A problem with subtitles

Help with Bluray Converter and Convert DVD to mp4 and other formats. strip Bluray, convert to Blu-ray or avchd, convert blu ray to mkv, avi, copy DVDs and much more.

Moderators: Maggie, alexia, Forum admin

sutor2008

A problem with subtitles

Post by sutor2008 »

Before all, sorry if my english is not correct.

I have a BluRay film and I like to take only the movie to my hard disc (I make the same with all my older DvD, put him in one network storage for all in home)

The film is and extended version and if I see the movie direct from BluRay player only appears the subtitles in the added scenes. Well the problem is when I try to extrtact the movie with the program. I can't have the forced subtitles only for the extended scenes. The programm always take all subtitles.

I have two subtitles: Spanish for the film, spanish for comments of director and an other spanish only forced. Well I click on one to one and the subtitles always are for all film.

I try with dvd version, avi, and I m not to do. Can you help me?
The las t solution is copy the bluray in my hard disc but my 40Gb is to mach
Thank you.
Claire
VSO Team Member

Re: A problem with subtitles

Post by Claire »

Hello,

When you load your main movie click on the edit button,
now in the new window make sure the only subtitle checked is the one at the bottom of the list "forced subtitles"

Does this help?
Attachments
Snap140.jpg
sutor2008

Post by sutor2008 »

Thank you Claire for your answer.

I do it before I contact you but I think is the format. What avi can you recomend me?
I like H264 and the video and audio like sample or original but I cant with that format.

Thank You again.
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

All the output profiles should include your forced subtitles, except mkv muxing profile.

However for some profiles you can only select one subtitle track for the output as they are embedded into the video.

1st are you sure your blu-ray has forced subtitles? If so you should see them when you press play in the track selection preview window, assuming you have the subtitle not only checked but selected (appears in orangy yellow color on the left). If you do not see the forced subtitles in the preview at the time when they should appear then this is the first problem. Do you see them with another software player?

If you do see them but want two subtitle tracks, then you need to select a profile where you can have 2 streams, like mkv profiles. You will only be able to see one stream at a time however when playing the final result.

I hope this helps.
sutor2008

Post by sutor2008 »

Thanks again Claire,

Yes the two movies are extended versions and they have some forced subtitles, and I see it in my Dune player. But I find a solution with the MKV Maker the programe automaticaly inluded the forced subtitles in the movie.

The BluRay converter is really excepcional but in that case I find a good result and for that special movies I will be used the other program.

One think more that Annelisse give a comments. For example If I have a movie and I like to transfer a DvD but for to have the best quality I put DvD9 the programme never convert in DvD9 always is in DvD5, I accept the answer from Annelilsse but why?

Thank you for all.
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

sutor2008 wrote: Yes the two movies are extended versions and they have some forced subtitles, and I see it in my Dune player. But I find a solution with the MKV Maker the programe automaticaly inluded the forced subtitles in the movie.
Do you see them in the preview of Blu-ray Converter? What movies are you converting? I would like to know the answers because if it is infact a problem in our software it should be corrected.

Where is the link where Annelise replied with an answer?
sutor2008

Post by sutor2008 »

Hellow Claire,
The movies are: Patton and Tora, tora, tora
The problem is always the same: The subpictures are included in the movie but not only de extras subtitles used only for the parts included in the extended version. The new copy are with the all subtitles in all film.
I check it before in previewand is correct to see the subpictures in the additional parts but is when I order to make de file the result is subtitles in all film.
I think I do somthing bad or not but for that I take your job time to help me. Thanks

The answer was maked it via email if you wont give me instructions to send you a copy.

See you,
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

Hello,

So if I understand correctly.

1) Blu-ray Converter correct converts the film with the forced subtitles.
2) However, on the extras there are no forced subtitles on the converted result?
3) in the preview of Blu-ray Converter before the conversion you can play the extras and you see the forced subtitles displayed?

You can forward me the email claire (at) vsosoftware.fr
sutor2008

Post by sutor2008 »

Hello Claire,

I confirm the problem is only when the film is a remasterization with the new scenes included in the new versión. That scenes are the subtitles because the original voice cant not traduction in spanish.
In that case I see the film with automatic subtitles in additional scenes but when I try to transfer the movie from BluRay to Hard disc the Converter take the all subtitles of the film included the forced subtitles of the aditional scenes. Never convert only the subtitles of additional scenes exclusively. I find a solution with the other program: I select the movie the languaje and sub forced and ready but with de Covert I cant maked.

Good week end
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

Could you please answer:
3) in the preview of Blu-ray Converter before the conversion you can play the extras and you see the forced subtitles displayed?
sutor2008

Post by sutor2008 »

Bon Jour Claire,

Yes I see the extras with the spanish forced subtitles automaticly I do nothing to see it.
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

For Patton according to
https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key ... utput=html

the forced subtitles are their own subtitle stream.

It means you need to play the video in Blu-ray Converter in the preview window and click on the streams on the left until you find the stream that is the forced subtitles you want. Then make sure it is checked and convert the movie.

Some forced subtitles are really forced, and others are simply a separate subtitle stream.

I don't know for tora tora tora
sutor2008

Post by sutor2008 »

Thank you Claire again for all interest.
But the solution you send me I do it before ask you. I preview, I click on subtitles to check what is, etc but no works always at the end all subtitles of the dialog are included. Don't worry

I have the same problem with Patton and I find the solution with another way. The Bluray Converter is really good and I used it for all like a Convertxvid I user it from was born free. I like a lot VSO but in that case only forced subtitles in my pc something is wrong.

I will do other think. I will remove all in the pc and install only the programmes I used for my multimedia personal files and I try again. You know the softwares are very special.

Thanks a lot and best regards.