title Menu Thumbnail Highlights

discussions about ConvertXtoDVD latest versions, avi to dvd video converter software, burns videos from your PC to watch on your DVD with menus and subtitles.

Moderators: Maggie, Cougar_II, ckhouston, JJ, Forum admin

thefordness

title Menu Thumbnail Highlights

Post by thefordness » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:30 am

I want to know how to remove a thumbnail or button completely. When I select "thumbnail:hidden" with no text, it still shows a "selected" highlight of the invisible thumbnail. It really drives me crazy when I'm trying to set up a simple intro video, with no overlays. I expect this will involve changes to the .ini in the template which is cool, but I bet some one in here knows just what I need to change? (so I don't spend the next ten years trying to figure it out...)

ckhouston
VSO Fanatic

Post by ckhouston » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:41 pm

Don't expect someone else to spend 10 years making a custom template for you, there are endless possibilities peoplle could ask for.

I doubt the selector highlight can be eliminated, but here are some hints that might help make it unnoticeable.

Read http://forums.vso-software.fr/guide-inc ... t6230.html

The selector(s) for each template are provided as images in the template folder. Making them very small might be enough.

If that doesn't work, search for the selector file(s) in the INI file to see if modifications to size, etc., are needed.

Do not use Notepad to modify the INI file unless your version of CX2D is 3.2.3.77 or later. Use Wordpad or some other editor.

Let us know if you find a solution.
Last edited by ckhouston on Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

toaddub

Post by toaddub » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:40 pm

What template are you using? Removing selected highlight shouldn't be a problem. Just use PgcEdit to delete the button markings or use DvdSubEdit to hide the button highlight.

You also need to modify the template to be able to use the full length of the intro video, all the templates currently have a limited playing time.

But why would you create an intro video in the title menu? Title menu means just that - to select videos to play. By removing thumbnail and button highlight, how are you able to select the video to play?

A better way would be explained in this thread: http://forums.vso-software.fr/how-to-ma ... t6545.html

thefordness

Post by thefordness » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:33 am

Thanks I will check out your suggestions. Most of the videos I burn are single title full length movies. what I am trying to achieve is a background video that looks more like a factory dvd menu and the thumbnails and buttons in the middle of the screen are distracting and never match the theme of the movie.

ckhouston
VSO Fanatic

Post by ckhouston » Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:49 am

You never said which template you are using.

puce.gif produces the selector highlight in the title menu for minimal and nb_thumb.png does so for glossy 2 titles per page. Substituting either one of those with an all black image of the same size prevents the selector from showing.

You can find a similar file for the template you use and do something similar to hide the selector.

thefordness

Post by thefordness » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:53 am

thanks. i was able to achieve my goal with that info.

Claire
VSO Team Member

Re: title Menu Thumbnail Highlights

Post by Claire » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:42 pm

Hello,

You can now add an intro video to play before the DVD menu very easily in v6 available here
convertxtodvd-beta-version-t18950.html