Program keeps Crashing on Windows 11

Convert any type of file to DVD and burn to play on any type of DVD player. Create customized menus. Special menu template creator included

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

ZeroskillZ

Program keeps Crashing on Windows 11

Post by ZeroskillZ »

I restored my computer with a disk image and everything seemed fine. I opened ConvertXtoDVD7 version 7.0.083 and burned a DVD. After I burnt it I tried to burn another and the program keeps crashing after I load the files in the program. I can open it, load files I want to burn, edit the menu but when I hit convert the program closes. I have uninstalled it, cleaned up the leftover files and reinstalled it and it does the same thing. I also download a earlier version and it has done the same. When I install it I click all the boxes to clear registry previous version and the rest . I am stumped. I have tried to use compatibly assistant with it and it does not help. I went in and manually deleted any files left behind and it still crashes after I do a clean install. Anybody have this issue or problems with this on Windows 11? I would appreciate any suggestions. I figure if it burned a DVD after I did the image restore it would not of burned the the first DVD with no issues. I don't want to do a complete format and clean install of Windows 11 because then I take the chance of them saying the program has been installed on to many computers and then have to have them reset it again on my account. Any help would be appreciated.
dbminter

Re: Program keeps Crashing on Windows 11

Post by dbminter »

The first thing I'd check is if it's the specific input you're using that is crashing the app. Are you always loading the same input on each troubleshooting step you took? If you are or even if you're not, I'd try to establish a baseline first. I'd take some inputs you know worked before and made a DVD in CXD. IF those old inputs STILL work, you know the problem is the inputs you've been using in the previous troubleshooting steps.
ZeroskillZ

Re: Program keeps Crashing on Windows 11

Post by ZeroskillZ »

Windows 11 does not give me any options like 10 used to when using the compatibility trouble shooter. I finally just reformatted my computer and now it says my Key has been used on too many computers lol. I emailed support to see if they could fix that. It seems to be working now I'm using the trial until I hear back from them. Thanks for responding.