Latest updates not respecting smart copy settings

Convert any type of file to DVD and burn to play on any type of DVD player. Create customized menus. Special menu template creator included

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

htaylor9915

Latest updates not respecting smart copy settings

Post by htaylor9915 »

I've found on the latest versions of ConvertXtoDVD 7 the smart copy function is not working properly. Even with smart copy turned on the program encodes everything, including files that smart copy should not be encoding. This includes VOB files that were rendered by ConvertXtoDVD itself, so I can't think of any reason those files should not be recognized as DVD compliant. I reverted to 7.0.0.69 and smart copy is working correctly on that version. It seems to be broken in versions beyond that. I'm using the software on Windows 11. There was no problem with smart copy up to and including 7.0.0.69.
dbminter

Re: Latest updates not respecting smart copy settings

Post by dbminter »

What exactly are the smart copy settings? I don't believe I know what those are.
Cougar_II
VSO Fanatic

Post by Cougar_II »

Hi,

I think it's when a video has already compliant video streams, no need to encode it again, it will end up DVD compliant video again, so just copy the stream.

I never saw it, used it so hard to test and comment for me :)

Katia has opened an official VSO Bug, so it will be looked into when they get to it...
VSO Software Golden Membership Proud Owner / VSO Software Beta Tester
htaylor9915

Post by htaylor9915 »

Cougar_II wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:21 am Hi,

I think it's when a video has already compliant video streams, no need to encode it again, it will end up DVD compliant video again, so just copy the stream.

I never saw it, used it so hard to test and comment for me :)

Katia has opened an official VSO Bug, so it will be looked into when they get to it...
Yes, that's exactly what it is. Thank you.