Nvidia driver caused failure in CXtV 2

Free video converter, convert from any format to any format, mkv to avi, m2ts to avi, mp4, h264, mts, wmv, mov, DVD, etc.

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

wtin

Nvidia driver caused failure in CXtV 2

Post by wtin »

Strange problem.

Windows 11 64 bit with 32 G of RAM and GTX 1080 with Nov 2023 driver version 546.17)

ConvertXtoVideo 2 (latest beta) won't create blu-ray disk (nor AVCHD). (Although I have not tried DVD output).

I looked at the "output" folder. The M2TS files (under DBMV / Stream folder) aren't valid. They won't play with VLC player or other software. If I let the program burn the disk, the disk won't play, and the result disk is about 2 G in size. I tested with different MP4 / SRT files and they were the same.

The other machine (Windows 11 64 bit with 128 G of RAM and Quadro k5200 running May 2023 driver, version 30.0.14.7444) works fine (as in CUDA works during conversion).

I wiped the hard drive on the 1080 machine and reinstalled Windows 11. Same results.

Today I tried to use much older driver, over a year old, and that fixed the problem.

Thought I'd share this.
Cougar_II
VSO Fanatic

Re: Nvidia driver caused failure in CXtV 2

Post by Cougar_II »

Hello,

Seems the latest NVidia drivers seems to also cause issue with ConvertXtoHD specially when using Hardware GPU settings.
VSO Software Golden Membership Proud Owner / VSO Software Beta Tester