Audio channels - why 2?

Convert any type of file to DVD and burn to play on any type of DVD player. Create customized menus. Special menu template creator included

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

dragnil

Audio channels - why 2?

Post by dragnil »

I replaced a DVD/BD player some time ago with a Panasonic DMP BD-84 which offers much more functionality than I need – I just want to play DVD and Blu-Ray discs and so far all has gone well until...

As well as commercial discs I create my own on the PC using ConvertXto DVD and also ConvertXtoHD but recently a problem has arisen with one of my productions which plays perfectly on the PC.

However, on the TV it is silent. Pressing the Audio button on the handset for the Panasonic offered me a choice of: 1* MPEG 2/0 Ch or 2 ENG Dolby Digital 2.0 Ch (which was the chosen setting)
Selecting the first gave me the sound I wanted but why, as far as I know I had not specified either?

Is there something in the production options that I've missed - I've never had this problem in the past, and have been with you for many years now,
so I turn to others with more knowledge and experience than I for help. I am not an expert so please keep any help and suggestions simple if possible. Thanks for reading.

David
dbminter

Re: Audio channels - why 2?

Post by dbminter »

The only explanation I can think of is your source material had both audio tracks in it. Either the VIDEO_TS used as a source or a container file.

Plus, I know Panasonics have had compatibility issues in the past with some DVD's. I've had pressed DVD's that Panasonics wouldn't even recognize as inserted that played fine on other players. So, I could see an audio incompatibility pop up on a Panasonic DVD capable player.
dragnil

Post by dragnil »

Thanks for the suggestion.

I am confused because I jusr ran the programme again including 4 files VTS_02_1 to 4

2.JPG
but when complete and burned to disc the contents are seen here:
Attachments
1.JPG
dragnil

Post by dragnil »

and the spooky thing is that it now plays when in the DVD player! I don't understand what has happened - I'll go and stand in the corner