Video converter No merge Subtitles

Free video converter, convert from any format to any format, mkv to avi, m2ts to avi, mp4, h264, mts, wmv, mov, DVD, etc.

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

binbonbao

Video converter No merge Subtitles

Post by binbonbao »

HI I'm a newbie for this program. I have a problema with Video converter. I tried to convert mp4 (1280 x 536) to mkv-xvid in the best quality, all options are marked, subtitles show in preview correctly...but in the end file convert is ok but without subtitles. I tried two times more and the same: no subtitles added. Then I used mkv - mpg4 and mkv - h264 and this files have the subtittles add ok. It is a bug? or xvid didn't support to merge subtittles ?. Thanks.

PD: one question more: Why you use "mkv - xvid", "mkv - mpeg4", "mkv - h264" instead mkv only? Sorry it is confuse for me. Thanks again.
JJ
VSO Moderators

Re: Video converter No merge Subtitles

Post by JJ »

First; MKV is container and can have almost anything inside it. That is why there is many options.
Second; XviD does NOT support subtitles, that is why there is no subtitles when you convert to XviD.

Yes, there are some extensions and apps that do add subtitles to XviD, but that is not standard.
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.click2give4free.com/val.php?v=739
This link is just for spammers, don't click!