Access Violation

Free video converter, convert from any format to any format, mkv to avi, m2ts to avi, mp4, h264, mts, wmv, mov, DVD, etc.

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

Sat32

Access Violation

Post by Sat32 »

Ever time I try to edit a bluray project property I get this error.(see attachment)

DVD Projects seem to work fine.

Tried Stable Version and latest beta
Video converter - 1.1.0.10 and have tried more then one bluray source

Thanks
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Sat32

Re: Access Violation

Post by Sat32 »

Is any one else getting this??

I just uninstalled used VSO Cleaner and reinstalled the last beta.

First movie I tried seemed to go ok.

Then tried to do another movie and it started this again

and ideas??

Thanks
cedric
VSO Team Member

Post by cedric »

Hello,

Do you have hardware decoder option enabled?
Can you try with and without this option enabled.
What is the video codec of input (h264 or vc1)?

Regards,
cribber

Post by cribber »

I also get Access Violation messages when I click the edit button on mp4's (AVC), the errors also keep coming up when I click on any of the edit options.
Sat32

Post by Sat32 »

Testing Results
I cleaned up what vso software was on the system.
Uninstalled Video converter 11b, ran VSO Cleaner and deleted
username\apps\roaming\VSO
ProgramFile(x86)\VSO
ProgramData\VSO
Then rebooted the system.

Then installed video converter 12b and entered unlock code.
Without making any changes I drag and dropped a bluray folder ripped by anydvdhd into the converter.
Then I went into the editor and without getting the access error.

I closed the editor and went into settings and changed, output destination, don't create chapter and checked the add addition track for forced subtitles.
closed setting

Went back to the editor and got the access violation error this time.

Closed the coverter and started the project again.

Results I found:
If you open settings while a project is loaded, editor causes a access violation.
Make Setting changes before loading projects.
Sat32

Post by Sat32 »

Spoke to soon
encode I started failed now it's giving access violations all the time if hardware encoding is on and
every project I start fails

Next Beta please
Sat32

Post by Sat32 »

14b seems to be working good had one issue where in encode failed then I went into the edit window and it generated a access violation.
So I restarted the converter and since then everything has been good far as access violation issue.

Next there is still a memory leak I started a encode using six bluray sources and every encode failed with in a minute or two.
Those same movies with only allow one encode at a time in the settings worked fine.

The settings should be changed forced subtitles and how there handled should be separate from regular subtitles.
Regular subtitles should be given the two options for On or Off and merged into video or saved as stream.
Then setting to merged would turn off forced subtitles setting since they would already be applied.

Forced should almost be a default since most of the time they are interlingual to the story line.
So should be just a on or off for them and always merged into video.

How does the encoder handle bit rate? in my custom profile I set the max bit rate to something like 4868 but when I look at the project in the editor
it show the bit rate as like 3049. The quilty indicator is green and the videos have come out really good even using hardware encoding. But how does those settings work??

Thanks
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

Can you write to our techncial support team:
http://www.vso-software.fr/contactform.php

as this will allow us to get your log files and other basic information about your computer?

As for forced subtitles on by default we have a couple of problems with this:
- the problem is we cannot differentiate a regular subtitle stream from a forced subtitle stream (main problem)
- what language should be used for the forced subtitle stream if there are several (could be language of OS)
- some conversion profiles only allow for 1 subtitle stream so you cannot have both the one selected and the forced subtitle stream, (could always be forced subtitle stream unless another one is selected)

Cedric has replied on how the encoder handles bit rate here:
http://forums.vso-software.fr/how-is-th ... 17604.html