Bugs / Problems

Help with Bluray Converter and Convert DVD to mp4 and other formats. strip Bluray, convert to Blu-ray or avchd, convert blu ray to mkv, avi, copy DVDs and much more.

Moderators: Maggie, alexia, Forum admin

flash477948

Bugs / Problems

Post by flash477948 »

Firstly I would like to say that I had previously used a copy of 1.8 of this software and was very impressed by it, and must admit that I was a bit disappointed when I purchased version 2 - it any ways the functionality of the program seem to have taken a step backwards. I don't know how long version 2 has been out, but I do hope that this is only temporary.

Anyway, below is a list of bugs and issues that I am currently facing with this software:

1. File naming - There doesn't seem to be any way to specify the output filename, despite trying to edit all of the fields. The only one that has any affect is the project name, but that only affects the folder name, not the name of the video file.

2. If I am converting multiple DVDs I can no longer go back to the first step and do another DVD as the application appears to be caching the results of the last DVD. I have to close the application and re-open it before it reads the contents correctly.

3. On windows 8 (works fine in windows 7), the icon on the taskbar doesn't show the progress

BTW #1 and #2 are present in both windows 7 and 8, and they used to work fine in the previous 1.8 version of the software.

Also I would like to request a feature. That is an option to output the file without all of the unecessary folders. i.e. at the moment it outputs the file under:

[project name]\MKV (Matroska)\HD Ready (720p) H264\[filename]

whereas it would be nice to output the file like this:

[project name]\[filename]

or even

[filename]
flash477948

Re: Bugs / Problems

Post by flash477948 »

Actually another bug I have just come across is that a few times now when trying to convert multiple items on the same disk, the first one converts at a normal speed (80-90 fps), but then the following ones only convert at around 9fps! So annoyingly I have to convert 1 of them at a time.
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

Thanks for this report, what version did you find these bugs in?

I will get back with more details.
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

flash477948 wrote:Firstly I would like to say that I had previously used a copy of 1.8 of this software and was very impressed by it, and must admit that I was a bit disappointed when I purchased version 2 - it any ways the functionality of the program seem to have taken a step backwards. I don't know how long version 2 has been out, but I do hope that this is only temporary.

Anyway, below is a list of bugs and issues that I am currently facing with this software:

1. File naming - There doesn't seem to be any way to specify the output filename, despite trying to edit all of the fields. The only one that has any affect is the project name, but that only affects the folder name, not the name of the video file.
reported here http://bugs.vso-software.fr/view.php?id=6470
flash477948 wrote:2. If I am converting multiple DVDs I can no longer go back to the first step and do another DVD as the application appears to be caching the results of the last DVD. I have to close the application and re-open it before it reads the contents correctly.
I don't quite get it. After a conversion you can return to the 1st step. If you load another DVD, it asks if you want to clear the list, if you say yes, then the new/next DVD should be loaded. Are the DVDs already ripped on your harddrive? Are you loading from your optical drive? If so what decryptor are you using (if the DVDs are protected)?
flash477948 wrote:3. On windows 8 (works fine in windows 7), the icon on the taskbar doesn't show the progress
reported here http://bugs.vso-software.fr/view.php?id=6471
flash477948 wrote:Also I would like to request a feature. That is an option to output the file without all of the unecessary folders. i.e. at the moment it outputs the file under:

[project name]\MKV (Matroska)\HD Ready (720p) H264\[filename]

whereas it would be nice to output the file like this:

[project name]\[filename]

or even

[filename]
submitted here http://bugs.vso-software.fr/view.php?id=6472
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

flash477948 wrote:Actually another bug I have just come across is that a few times now when trying to convert multiple items on the same disk, the first one converts at a normal speed (80-90 fps), but then the following ones only convert at around 9fps! So annoyingly I have to convert 1 of them at a time.
Does that mean all the files are in the 1 conversion: main title + bonuses, or they are separate conversions you want to put on 1 DVD?

What do you have under the General Settings the option: "Maximum simultaneous conversion"
and in the video tab, are you using any hardware optimizations? if so what?
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

some if not all the bugs you reported have been fixed in 2.1.1.34
http://forums.vso-software.fr/dvd-converter-t14598.html
flash477948

Post by flash477948 »

Thanks Claire

I'll install the new version and let you know if I still have of the issues and get back to you with further details if I do
alexm1003

Post by alexm1003 »

Claire wrote:
flash477948 wrote:Actually another bug I have just come across is that a few times now when trying to convert multiple items on the same disk, the first one converts at a normal speed (80-90 fps), but then the following ones only convert at around 9fps! So annoyingly I have to convert 1 of them at a time.
Does that mean all the files are in the 1 conversion: main title + bonuses, or they are separate conversions you want to put on 1 DVD?

What do you have under the General Settings the option: "Maximum simultaneous conversion"
and in the video tab, are you using any hardware optimizations? if so what?
I am using latest version 2.1.1.34 and problem is still there. Simultanious conversions or one after the other, only first conversion full speed (>200 fps), all others veeeery slow. Windows 7.
cedric
VSO Team Member

Post by cedric »

Hello alexm1003,

I think the problem you reported is not a bug.
Even if you checked the "Allow multiple instances of hardware optimization", the hardware optimization can be used only one time in some cases.
If your graphic card is not powerful enough to process more than one conversion in same time, the CPU encoder is used.
Maybe should you disable the hardware decoding, and just use hardware encoding.

I will check if I can improve the graphic card capabilities detection to be sure the CPU encoder need to be used.

Regards,

PS: what is your graphic card model?
alexm1003

Post by alexm1003 »

The graphic card is a Nvidea GeForce GTX 660 Ti, with 4GB graphics memory, that should be powerful enough.

But I found the problem: I had not checked the "Allow multiple instances of hardware optimization". When that box is checked all conversions run at full speed.

So problem is solved, thank you.
cedric
VSO Team Member

Post by cedric »

Ok good, thank you for your feedback.

Regards,