VSO & XBMC & Windows Media Center

bluray player, video player, audio player, free video player, free media player

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, alexia, Forum admin

Hotelier

VSO & XBMC & Windows Media Center

Post by Hotelier »

I have been trying for the last week to figure out how to use VSO as an external media player for ISO files in XBMC. I have been setting up the PlayerCoreFactory.xml files, even using a batch file to get it to play, to no avail. I can get it to mount the ISO movie and then it opens VSO Media Player, but can't get it to load the movie, go to full screen and play the movie. Has anyone had any luck getting this great software to work as an external media player in XBMC or I'd even settle for Windows Media Center as long as it didn't freeze up. I've got a lot of movies I've bought that I have as ISO files and would like to use either XBMC or Windows Media Center to manage all my movies but can't find how to get it to work. Any help would be most appreciated! Thanks!
JJ
VSO Moderators

Re: VSO & XBMC & Windows Media Center

Post by JJ »

How about NOT using ISO files?
Movies are just folders inside that ISO, so playing those is most likely easier without need to mount/dismount ISO.
All you need to do is to mount each ISO once, copy contents of each to separate folder, preferably named as movie.
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.click2give4free.com/val.php?v=739
This link is just for spammers, don't click!
felicia
VSO Team Member

Post by felicia »

Hi,

Can you paste here the contents of your Playercorefactory.xml file?
By the way way JJ is right, if you decompress your ISO DVD you can play it on XBMC as a DVD just right-click from within XBMC and choose "Play" from the menu.
dgmckenzie

Post by dgmckenzie »

Why not just play the ISOs using XBMC ?
Hotelier

Post by Hotelier »

The problem with using XBMC's internal player is that I'm getting on blu-ray high def files where it is stuttering the image with the picture pixelating. If I play back the same file using VSO or any other external player it doesn't happen. When I get home tonight from work I'll post my PlayerCoreFactory.xml file, maybe I'm missing something in there. I'll also look at "decontructing" my ISO files, didn't know you could do that. Thanks for the advice and will post back tonight.
Hotelier

Post by Hotelier »

[quote="JJ"]How about NOT using ISO files?
Movies are just folders inside that ISO, so playing those is most likely easier without need to mount/dismount ISO.
All you need to do is to mount each ISO once, copy contents of each to separate folder, preferably named as movie.[/quote]

JJ, I looked inside the ISO movies and within the BDMV there are a lot of files, just in the Playlist folders there are close to a hundred files, and not knowing which files go with which, especially if there is extended versions, directors cuts, etc. your suggestion is not that simple, unless I'm not looking in the right place. There are not like a regular DVD file.
Hotelier

Post by Hotelier »

felicia wrote:Hi,

Can you paste here the contents of your Playercorefactory.xml file?
By the way way JJ is right, if you decompress your ISO DVD you can play it on XBMC as a DVD just right-click from within XBMC and choose "Play" from the menu.
Here is my PlayerCoreFactory.xml file that I can't get to work for XBMC:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="ISO_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\VSO\VSO Media Player\1\vmp.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<forceontop>false</forceontop>
</player>
<player name="Universal_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\PowerDVD12.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}"<fullscreen></args>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<rule filenames="iso" filetypes="iso" player="ISO_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray M2TS -->
<rule filenames="m2ts" filetypes="m2ts" player="Universal_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray MKV -->
<rule filenames="mkv" filetypes="mkv" player="Universal_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray AVI -->
<rule filenames="avi" filetypes="avi" player="Universal_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray TS -->
<rule filenames="ts" filetypes="ts" player="Universal_Player"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

Using this xml file when I click on an ISO image file of a ripped movie, it just uses XBMC's internal player. It doesn't load the external player at all. Any ideas?