Sony BDP S580 Problem

Help with Bluray Converter and Convert DVD to mp4 and other formats. strip Bluray, convert to Blu-ray or avchd, convert blu ray to mkv, avi, copy DVDs and much more.

Moderators: Maggie, alexia, Forum admin

dsabaris

Sony BDP S580 Problem

Post by dsabaris »

Hi, I bouthg this software with life time updates yesteday, I tried first, and I thoght that it will be ok, but when I did the first convertion to mkv and tried to see the movie into my BR player, it shows and message that the file is corrupted and it cannot be played, I tried with all the profiles and even with the custom ones, can anyone help me on this?, I will appreciate any help.
Thanks!
JJ
VSO Moderators

Re: Sony BDP S580 Problem

Post by JJ »

Some users have reported problems with mkv after updating their S580 firmware.
Most likely this will be fixed with new firmware update as this is Sony problem.

Of course you need to ensure that mkv contains MPEG-4 AVC, as it is only format Sony supports in mkv.
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.click2give4free.com/val.php?v=739
This link is just for spammers, don't click!
dsabaris

Post by dsabaris »

Thanks JJ, Im new in all this mkv thing, when you say this about the MPG-4 AVC, I understand that this software does this convertion?, My question is I have my original BR disc with the movie, when I do all the convertions steps, my result with this software is an mkv with MPG-4 AVC format?, thanks!
JJ
VSO Moderators

Post by JJ »

You need to check on settings that it is making that. mkv is container and can contain almost anything.
BDP S580 accepts only that one format in mkv container.
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.click2give4free.com/val.php?v=739
This link is just for spammers, don't click!