VSO PLAYER on Windows8 Tablet - but no support CrystalHD :(

bluray player, video player, audio player, free video player, free media player

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, alexia, Forum admin

Gunair

VSO PLAYER on Windows8 Tablet - but no support CrystalHD :(

Post by Gunair »

Hello from Germany!

First, VSO Media Player is a great piece of software. Exactly, I was looking for. Small and efficient ! With the unique support for Blu Ray Files! :D

I use it on a WETAB Tablet (similar to Exopc, Bmodo etc..) under Windows8! Works good, even control on touchscreen works good (Although I would like to have a bigger volume slider e.g.).
But there is one Problem: VSO Player does not support the Crystal HD video decoder! That means, the (HD) videos are not running smoothly, as they do under different players (Media Player Classic - Home Cinema, VLC, KMplayer e.g.).

IT WOULD BE GREAT, If you could consider supporting that chip. The decoder cards are used in many netbooks and tablets...
I have no idea of programming, so i don't know how much work it would be, but please have a look at the official HP: http://www.broadcom.com/support/crystal_hd

Of course I would like to test a beta version or similar.... :wink:

Greetings, gunair
felicia
VSO Team Member

Re: VSO PLAYER on Windows8 Tablet - but no support CrystalHD

Post by felicia »

Hi,

For now VMP only supports hardware acceleration from CUDA based cards, later we intend to support the others as well.
We will inform you as soon as it's ready, slighly earlier if you want to beta test ;).

Regards,

Felicià
Gunair

Re: VSO PLAYER on Windows8 Tablet - but no support CrystalHD

Post by Gunair »

Wow, thanks for that VERY quick response!

sad to hear, that it is not on your to do list yet, but nice to hear, that you put it on the list at all ;)

As I said, I offer to do the beta test...

Thanks,

gunair

PS: Maybe tests (or feedback), on a "touch" tablet and under win 8 are also necessary or welcome ?