ConvertXtoDVD - beta version 7.0.0.28

Convert any type of file to DVD and burn to play on any type of DVD player. Create customized menus. Special menu template creator included

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

Claire
VSO Team Member

ConvertXtoDVD - beta version 7.0.0.28

Post by Claire »

New beta version 7 is available for testing!

Download beta 7.0.0.28
http://download.vso-software.fr/archive ... 0.0.28.exe

Change log:
ConvertXtoDVD - 7.0.0.28
===========================================
- 0012774: [Bug] update menu text accordingly when audio output format is changed (felicia) - resolved.
- 0012781: [Suggestion] template creator - when selecting button overlay with an image uncheck "use text as selector" (felicia) - resolved.
- 0012776: [Information] improve speed of audio normalization (felicia) - resolved.
- 0012773: [Bug] conversion fails with some audio streams with "convert dts to ac3" UN-checked (felicia) - resolved.
- 0012770: [Feature Request] Open log form on launch if previously visible (felicia) - resolved.
- 0012761: [Feature Request] Remember log form position & size (felicia) - resolved.
- 0012760: [Feature Request] add quick link icon to display log (felicia) - resolved.

ConvertXtoDVD - 7.0.0.27 (Released 2017-03-13) [ View Issues ]
==============================================
- 0012726: [Bug] Can't write to ISO in working directory. (felicia) - resolved.
- 0012747: [Bug] says "conversion failed" when canceling a conversion with audio normalization and cancel conversion during normalization (felicia) - resolved.
- 0012733: [Bug] converting particular subtitle stream makes app crash (felicia) - resolved.
- 0012751: [Bug] with files merged and clicking on "edit menu" menu editor does not open (felicia) - resolved.
- 0012737: [Bug] correct grammar - parsing file dialogue (felicia) - resolved.
- 0012722: [Bug] adjustment to subtitle positions cannot be change (felicia) - resolved.

ConvertXtoDVD - 7.0.0.26 (Released 2017-03-06) [ View Issues ]
- 0012714: [Feature Request] Add setting to import file metadata (felicia) - resolved.
- 0012712: [Bug] Source chapters always restored when loading project (felicia) - resolved.
- 0012696: [Bug] Video stream discarded in favor of attached pict (felicia) - resolved.
- 0012693: [Crash] Program freezes if minimized while burning ends (felicia) - resolved.
- 0012687: [Suggestion] check writing rights when user selects output folder (felicia) - resolved.
- 0012673: [Bug] Code page selector does not stay open (felicia) - resolved.
- 0012670: [Bug] advanced subtitles window can open up in with odd display of settings stretched out (felicia) - resolved.
- 0012656: [Bug] chapter names not saved in chapter list when saved (felicia) - resolved.
- 0012652: [Bug] Resolution dropdown cropped (felicia) - resolved.
- 0012650: [Bug] Changes to video filters not visible if preview is on pause (felicia) - resolved.

ConvertXtoDVD - 7.0.0.25
- 0012639: [Bug] Menu editor - some text customizations are not rememnbered (felicia) - resolved.
- 0012637: [Feature Request] Menu editor: Add tip for resizing (felicia) - resolved.
- 0012640: [Bug] Log window appears when closing template editor (felicia) - resolved.
- 0012641: [Bug] Menu editor - Broken link between video and audio in movie & series templates (felicia) - resolved.
- 0012642: [Bug] When closing app, cancelling project saving closes the program (felicia) - resolved.

This new major version includes a new menu template editor. You can now create and save your own menu templates!
It offers advanced customization options: number of times per page, thumbnails to be added or not, offset, menu item animations, add your own buttons, sounds, etc…

We'd love your feedback, post it here in this thread.
Hasbro

Re: ConvertXtoDVD - beta version 7

Post by Hasbro »

Hello Claire, how can I do for get the beta and let a try?
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

It will be posted here and anyone can try it.
jramos95

Post by jramos95 »

Yeah! This is what I've been waiting for, full menu customization, I'll be waiting for this beta :D
Coral
VSO Moderators

Post by Coral »

jramos95 wrote:Yeah! This is what I've been waiting for, full menu customization, I'll be waiting for this beta :D
I'm sure you'll surprised with the wonderful features and ease of use. This versions is an all time winner.
minhcute

Post by minhcute »

I have not joined the forum for a very long time.Now, when I come back, I am very, very happy that a new version of this great software is going to be released.Very good work, VSO !

I am very proud to be one of the first users who will test it !
Coral
VSO Moderators

Coral

Post by Coral »

minhcute wrote: I am very proud to be one of the first users who will test it !
I can assure you that it is a new experience in video conversion and DVD authoring.
It is a joint effort of the VSO team. With credit to Felicia for the Template Editor. Which I prefare to refare to it as a Theme Editor.
Congratulations for a new concept in DVD authoring.
flamfuser

Post by flamfuser »

waiting the beta version i want to test it v7 of this awesome product
jramos95

Post by jramos95 »

So exitec to test this beta and the new menu editor (I've been waiting for a long time) :D :D :D
Coral wrote: With credit to Felicia for the Template Editor.
Thank you very much Felicia!
jramos95

Post by jramos95 »

Coral wrote:
jramos95 wrote:Yeah! This is what I've been waiting for, full menu customization, I'll be waiting for this beta :D
I'm sure you'll surprised with the wonderful features and ease of use. This versions is an all time winner.
I hope so. You guys have made a great software for DVD authoring, and with these improvements will be the best :lol:
Claire
VSO Team Member

Re: ConvertXtoDVD - beta version 7.0.0.24

Post by Claire »

see 1st thread, beta posted.
Coral
VSO Moderators

Coral

Post by Coral »

The heat is on. Come and get it !!
jramos95

Post by jramos95 »

Testing... 8)

Edit: Template Editor is great as I expected, now, if I could be able to:

1. Set a different background for each page in a same tittleset
2. Edit size and position of buttons, text, etc... in a specific way (changing values, for example)

It would be GREAT! :mrgreen:
Coral
VSO Moderators

Post by Coral »

jramos95 wrote:Testing... 8)

2. Edit size and position of buttons, text, etc... in a specific way (changing values, for example)

You can do all that already !! I shall explain larer I don't have my PC on at the moment to take screen shots.
jramos95

Post by jramos95 »

Coral wrote:
jramos95 wrote:Testing... 8)

You can do all that already !! I shall explain larer I don't have my PC on at the moment to take screen shots.
Then tell me how to do it cuz I don't know how. I just want to do a simple DVD with 2 menus pages: 1 picture at the first page and other totally different picture at the second page. And about the size and position, I wish that could be a option that said "Edit size and position" then I may be able to change by myself the values of X,Y,H and W without having to drag anything.
Attachments
examle.jpg
Coral
VSO Moderators

Post by Coral »

Choose Create New Template from the Menu Options drop down menu.
Use these settings to modify the resources in each page.
It is not possible to enter values from the keyboard. We have tried to include this option during the alpha testing but it has proved to be too complicated and the results have not been satisfactory. Perhaps it can be added at a later stage. But I doubt it.
Attachments
Step 1.jpg
Step 2.jpg
jramos95

Post by jramos95 »

Coral wrote:Choose Create New Template from the Menu Options drop down menu.
Use these settings to modify the resources in each page.
It is not possible to enter values from the keyboard. We have tried to include this option during the alpha testing but it has proved to be too complicated and the results have not been satisfactory. Perhaps it can be added at a later stage. But I doubt it.
I think I'm not making me clear, I just want to make two pages of a menu (no root, no settings menus) and I want to put a different background in each one of them. I've seen that the pages of a same titleset are linked, then I just wish them not to be linked so I can customize them separately.
Coral
VSO Moderators

Coral

Post by Coral »

@jramos95
Sorry, I can't figure out what you're trying to do.
Perhaps if you can explain in steps we can comunicate better.
jramos95

Post by jramos95 »

Coral wrote:@jramos95
Sorry, I can't figure out what you're trying to do.
Perhaps if you can explain in steps we can comunicate better.
Ok, let's go by steps:

1. Firts of all, creating a new template, as you can see, it is a "6 episodes, 2 pages (3 eps in each one)"

2. Don't want to create root, chapter, settings menus.

3. Now here's where I want you to help me, in those 2 pages I want to put different backgrounds, one pic for the first page and other for the second page.

4. But as you can see here, these two pages are "linked", so if I change the the background of any page it also change in the other.
Then, I don't want them to be linked, there should be an option like "Apply To: Only this page"
Coral
VSO Moderators

Coral

Post by Coral »

OK. I know what you mean. You are using the imagewall template.
I'm sorry to have put you to all the trouble. I'm afraid that at the moment it can't be done.
I shall bring this to the attenton of the sofware designer.