Bug in v2.0.0.34: Converting multiple files --> crashing

Free video converter, convert from any format to any format, mkv to avi, m2ts to avi, mp4, h264, mts, wmv, mov, DVD, etc.

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

mue.mat

Bug in v2.0.0.34: Converting multiple files --> crashing

Post by mue.mat »

Hello

Everytime trying to convert multiple video files to BluRay, the software crashes during conversion (Nvidia Cuda).

I installed stable version 2.0.0.31: conversion is fine, no crashing.

Thanks for keep an eye

mue.mat

PS
Software Encoding is working; so I guess 10 files of each 2GB was too much for hardware encoding.
mpumpis

Re: Bug in v2.0.0.34: Converting multiple files --> crashing

Post by mpumpis »

mue.mat wrote:Hello

Everytime trying to convert multiple video files to BluRay, the software crashes during conversion (Nvidia Cuda).

I installed stable version 2.0.0.31: conversion is fine, no crashing.

Thanks for keep an eye

mue.mat

PS
Software Encoding is working; so I guess 10 files of each 2GB was too much for hardware encoding.
no friend 2.0.0.31 is not stable all version have same problem add 50 video clips and see vso crash not work you can all vso version test crash, 50 video clips is 3gb and all vso version crash
or add 30 video clips not work my english is bad vso have some bugs i give video to see all bugs

2.0.0.31 is stable for 10 video clips or 10 movies
mue.mat

Post by mue.mat »

No way!
Every time trying to convert more than 2 video files to BluRay, the software crashes right at the beginning of conversion (Nvidia Cuda).
Thanks for keep an eye on.
mue.mat
cedric
VSO Team Member

Post by cedric »

Hello,

This can be a CUDA API limitation... what is your Grap^hic card reference?
The default number of simultaneous encoding tasks with hardware is totally dependent of your graphic card.

Maybe the crash can be related to high video bitrate requested with hardware encoding.
In next version, I will add a setting to change the maximum video bitrate to use with CUDA, NVENC, QuickSync and OpenCL.

What is the video bitrate requested when the app crashed?

Regards,
mue.mat

Post by mue.mat »

Hi
I don't think my graphic card should be the problem (--> possible are 8 of simultaneous encoding tasks).
Maybe video bitrate is the problem, some hd video files come with a requested video bitrate more than 30 Mb/s.
Regards
mue.mat