New ConvertXtoVideo 2.0.0.61 BETA version

Free video converter, convert from any format to any format, mkv to avi, m2ts to avi, mp4, h264, mts, wmv, mov, DVD, etc.

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

Echuir

Re: New ConvertXtoVideo 2.0.0.21 beta version

Post by Echuir »

Claire wrote:
Echuir wrote: In a multi episode DVD where the episodes are all part of one big file where chapters break up the episodes along with intro and closing credits.
If you set ConvertXtoVido to break it into chapters then merge each episode back into single episodes with open and close.
I know this is not the point and I do thank you for reporting the bug, but why would you do the above?

And when you merge them back together, how do you do this? Select all in main interface, right click and select merge?
The reason to do this is so you have one file per episode instead of 4-5 episodes per file.

Method 1 (1 Step)
Select 'create one title set per chapter when loading a file' in the chapters settings
then merge selected on each group of an episode, from the main menu right click select merge files
try to convert. I let mine go 24 hours before I cancelled.

Method 2 (2 Step)
Select 'create one title set per chapter when loading a file'
convert
then start a new project
take the files you extracted and merge them they go in groups per episode
you can do multi-episodes at a time
convert

Method 3
Use the advanced editor to crop out one episode at a time.
"Not used too tedious"

Method 1 never completes
Method 2 completes most tries
Method 3 Not used
Attachments
ConvertXtoVideo Ultimate 2_mainlog_.20160630.202918.043.log
(10.77 KiB) Downloaded 360 times
Claire
VSO Team Member

Re: New ConvertXtoVideo 2.0.0.22 beta version

Post by Claire »

Hello Echuir ,

Thanks for your explanation. Can you tell me the names of the DVDs that you need/want to do this for?

Maybe we can find a better way of loading them to start with in the interface of our software?
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

Echuir,

Can you try something for one of these disks where episodes load as one main file

From your DVD source copied file select all the vob files “VTS_01_0.VOB” and higher in number (see screenshot)
Copy only these files maybe goes up to 9 and put them in the new folder you created in your desktop, now in ConvertXtoVideo do not check "split by chapter"
now add the files you moved to your desktop do they load in a different way in the interface? Does it make it so you not longer need to split by chapter and merge again?
Attachments
only vob files.jpg
Claire
VSO Team Member

Re: New ConvertXtoVideo 2.0.0.23 beta version

Post by Claire »

a new beta was posted and it hopefully will fix the problem you reported Echuir, please let us know
Claire
VSO Team Member

Re: New ConvertXtoVideo 2.0.0.24 beta version

Post by Claire »

new version posted
testuser99

Post by testuser99 »

.24. Typing in the time offset box for audio closes the box on the first character entered.
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

confirmed, thanks for reporting it will be fixed in the next build
Claire
VSO Team Member

Re: New ConvertXtoVideo 2.0.0.25 beta version

Post by Claire »

new version posted
wtin

2.0.0.25 project name changed after a setting is changed

Post by wtin »

Project name is changed to the first video file's name (if there is more than one chapter) after any setting is changed.

Steps to reproduce

1. Load four video files, along with SRT subtitle files.
2. Make the subtitle file active for each chapter.
3. Note that name of project is defaulted to the first file (first chapter).
4. Change it to something else. Then save the project ("save as")
5. Go to the setting - change anything. In this case, change the size of blu ray output to something bigger than 25 GB.
6. Project name changed to the name of the file.

I used Camtasia to record the steps above.
Attachments
Convert X To Video 2 00 25.zip
(1.13 MiB) Downloaded 343 times
wtin

Feature suggestion (subtitle hard code).

Post by wtin »

I would ** love ** to be able to hard code the subtitle onto the video with Convert X to Video.

Convert X to HD can do that beautifully, but I am hoping that the function would be available for X to Video too.

Thank you!

Wtin
Claire
VSO Team Member

Re: New ConvertXtoVideo 2.0.0.25 beta version

Post by Claire »

You can do that, some conversion profiles hard code/embed the subtitles by default, but otherwise you can create a custom profile and select this option.
wtin

hard subtitles (blu ray)

Post by wtin »

Oh I didn't realize that. Thank you. It works!
wtin

2.0027 no sound with 5.1

Post by wtin »

I thought something was wrong (with my computer) when I tried to convert MP4 files into a blu ray disk.

With 2.0027, I found that using pre-set templates:

1. Producing a DVD works fine. I played VOB file with VLC Media Player and audio was heard.
2. An AVCHD sound 5.1 - I tried to play M2TS file - no sound.
3. A blu ray sound 5.1 - Same with M2TS file - no sound.

I then created a custom setting for blu ray - checked "copy (remux)"

1. M2TS file - set to 5.1 - no sound heard (Under general settings, [blu ray output] Audio conversion.
2. M2TS file - set to AC-3 2 channel - Sound heard!

This is regardless of what's custom setting is.

Oh, the "project name" still go back to the first video file name when a setting is changed.

I used a small (3 minutes) MP4 file.
Claire
VSO Team Member

Re: New ConvertXtoVideo 2.0.0.27 beta version

Post by Claire »

sorry you had this problem, we uploaded another 2.0.0.27 version that should solve this problem, notice the "e" below
"http://oasis.vso-software.fr/Beta/AllVS ... .0.27e.exe"

Please try with it and let us know.
Ch3vr0n

Post by Ch3vr0n »

@Claire I'm missing some very basic functionality in the software. The ability to set the output folder the same as the source folder. Comes especially handy when merging multiple files spread across multiple folders like this

<title1 folder>
--<part1>
--<part2>
--<part3>
<title2 folder>
--<part1>
--<part2>

when setting the output path the same as the source, once could then select all the files and the merged titles would be in their corresponding folders. title1_merge.xxx would be in <title1>, title2_merge.xxx would be in <title2>

can this be achieved?
VSO NL-BE Freelance Translator

Desktop: Project Phoenix
OS: Win 10 Pro x64 || MB: Asus Maximus VIII Formula || CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k || CPU Cooler: Corsair h100i v2 || RAM: 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum ROG
GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 A Gaming || Case: CM Cosmos II || Sound: Logitech Z906 || Screen: Asus VG278HR
Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO || Int HDD 1&2: HGST Deskstar NAS 4TB || Int HDD 3: Seagate ST2000DM001 || Int HDD 4: Samsung F1 Spinpt. 1TB
Op. Dr. 1: LG BH16NS40 || Op. Dr. 2: LG BH10LS30 || Op. Dr. 3: LG GH20NS10 || Ext HDD 1&2: 2x WD MyBook 2TB || Ext HDD 3: Seagate ST320006
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

It is too dangerous so we will not provide this as default setting
wtin

2.0.0.27e 5.2 sound

Post by wtin »

It works now. Thank you!
Ch3vr0n

Post by Ch3vr0n »

didn't say it had to be default :) I'd be glad that it just could be offered, so at least the user can choose the option :) To prevent the source files from being overwritten the file could be named "....._merged" or of course use the name specificied before starting conversion.
VSO NL-BE Freelance Translator

Desktop: Project Phoenix
OS: Win 10 Pro x64 || MB: Asus Maximus VIII Formula || CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k || CPU Cooler: Corsair h100i v2 || RAM: 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum ROG
GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 A Gaming || Case: CM Cosmos II || Sound: Logitech Z906 || Screen: Asus VG278HR
Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO || Int HDD 1&2: HGST Deskstar NAS 4TB || Int HDD 3: Seagate ST2000DM001 || Int HDD 4: Samsung F1 Spinpt. 1TB
Op. Dr. 1: LG BH16NS40 || Op. Dr. 2: LG BH10LS30 || Op. Dr. 3: LG GH20NS10 || Ext HDD 1&2: 2x WD MyBook 2TB || Ext HDD 3: Seagate ST320006
Echuir

Post by Echuir »

Claire wrote:Hello Echuir ,

Thanks for your explanation. Can you tell me the names of the DVDs that you need/want to do this for?

Maybe we can find a better way of loading them to start with in the interface of our software?

Mostly it is anime episodes like Full Metal Alchemist, Eureka Seven, Sakura Wars and many others.

The other problem I have with Full Metal Alchemist is the software doesn't separate the different Angles, it plays the first angle then it plays the other angle. This is like for the opening that has the hard English credits then the hard Japanese Credits. I will be sending a sample for this one.
mpumpis

Post by mpumpis »

bug in 2.0.0.27 custom profile video framerate chance 50 fps and vso convert all video to 25 fps all format same bug