Freezing & "Disc error message" on Samsung BD-H6500

Free video converter, convert from any format to any format, mkv to avi, m2ts to avi, mp4, h264, mts, wmv, mov, DVD, etc.

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

wdgeek

Freezing & "Disc error message" on Samsung BD-H6500

Post by wdgeek »

Just purchased a Samsung BD-H6500 and was shocked to find that all the disk that I created using VSO Video Converter 1 do not play properly. I am using the AVCHD and BLU-RAY profiles. The problems for all the AVCHD Disc I made using DVD9 or DVD5 media, are as follows:
1) I try to play a DVD9 AVCHD disk and I either get a "Cannot play this disc: The Disc does not meet the specifications."
or
it will play the menu, I can start a Title, but it will play 19 seconds of the Title and then the picture will freeze. I can press the next chapter button to get to the next chapter in the title but it will play 19 seconds and then freeze up again.
2) When I try to play any Blu-Ray on BD25 or BD50 media all seem to start the menu but they also have the freezing problem when I play any title, so all the videos I made using Video Converter 1 are basically unplayable on my Samsung Blu-Ray player.

I have other BLU-RAY players from LG, SONY and Panasonic and they ALL play the videos created with Video Converter 1 without problem so its NOT my media.

Also, more importantly, I have a lot of videos I created (both AVCHD and BLU-RAY structure) using MultiAVCHD (a free program) using the SAME media and they ALL play on my Samsung BD-H6500. So the Samsung CAN recognize AND will play any of my previous videos created with MultiAVCHD and the same media. All the media used with Video Converter 1 and MultiAVCHD are the same brand (Philips DVD9 and TDK BD25 and BD50 disk).

Any idea why only the videos created using Video Converter 1 wont play on my brand new Samsung BD-H6500?

Any setting I can use that could fix this?

Thanks.
cedric
VSO Team Member

Re: Freezing & "Disc error message" on Samsung BD-H6500

Post by cedric »

Hello,

Please, can you try with the last beta version (1.5.0.18)?

I'm waiting for your feedback...

Regards,
wdgeek

Post by wdgeek »

Hi Cedric,

Just saw your reply to my "problem".
FYI, I just downloaded the 10 day trial of ConvertxtoHD and burned a Blu-Ray with 29 individual clips. Everything processed without problem, and I burned it to my regular TDK BD50 media. When I tried to play it on the Samsung BD-H6500 it did the same "freezing" as the VSO Video Converter program. I then tried playing it on my LG and Sony Blu-Ray player and it played without ANY problem. (watching the Blu-ray as I write this comment).

In any case I will try to locate and install the version of Video Converter that you mentioned. The last version I tried was version 1.5.0.11.

BTW, when I originally purchased Video Converter I though it was the program that I was supposed to use for making AVCHD/Blu-Rays from my Video files. Now I see that there is a ConvertXtoHD which is the "upgrade" from the ConvertXtoDVD that I used to use. These two programs seem to overlap in a lot of places. The difference seems to be that Video Converter has to ability to convert video files to almost any other video file version for any platform, whereas ConvertXtoHD is basically only for making AVCHD and Blu-ray disc. Am I correct in that assumption, and should I continue to "try" to use Video Converter since it seems to be a superset of ConvertXtoDVD? or is it better to use ConvertXtoHD since I am mainly interested in creating AVCHD and Blu-Ray Disc? (assuming I am able to resolve the "freezing" problem on my Samsung)

Will report back. Thanks.
wdgeek

Post by wdgeek »

Cedric,
Ok, I downloaded the "beta" version of ConvertXtoVideo Ultimate 1.5.0.19. I am assuming this is the same as "VSO Video Converter" that I paid for because when I open it, the about page shows that its a "registered version".
I hope this is the correct version that I am using because the name change is confusing me.

I ran a very simple 1 video project as a AVCHD format disc. Burned it to a DVD9 and tried to play it on my Samsung BD-H6500. I got the error ""Cannot play this disc: The Disc does not meet the specifications." that I reported in the original post.

I then tried to play it on my LG and Sony Blu-Ray player and it played fine.
So I continue to have problems with compatibility with my Samsung BD-H6500.

BTW, after comparing both ConvertxtoVideo Ultimate and ConvertxtoHD, I believe ConvertxtoHD is much better suited to producing AVCHD and Blu-Ray disc even though both programs are similar.

Hopefully this compatibility problem can be fixed so I can at least use ConvertxtoVideo.
cedric
VSO Team Member

Post by cedric »

Hello wdgeek,

It seems that there's a lot of problems with this Blu-ray player, even with commercial Blu-ray discs :

http://forums.techarena.in/hardware-per ... 424555.htm

http://forums.cnet.com/7723-13973_102-5 ... fications/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-QGwPhzfU4

Do you tried to update the firmware?
If not, can you try to update it using the official samsung firmware: http://org.downloadcenter.samsung.com/d ... BSPWWC.zip
Guide: http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/conte ... H6500].pdf

I'm waiting for your feedback...

Regards,
JJ
VSO Moderators

Post by JJ »

Many of those who have problems report their firmware being up-to-date so that is not the issue.
Few told that servicing it helped - most likely cleaning. This is from one of those posts:
http://forums.cnet.com/7723-13973_102-513378/bd-c6500-disc-does-not-meet-specifications/ wrote:How to fix it Samsung Blu Ray player disc issues.
by SchoolIT - 6/2/12 12:37 PM
In Reply to: BD-C6500 "Disc does not meet specifications" by aprice0

I had the same error, disc does not meet specifications and Cannot play disc. What I thought was awkward is that I could play a standard DVD, but not a blu ray movie. I had no issues for a year and then all of sudden. Different blu ray discs gave different errors. Being an IT director for a school I decided I was going to open it up and take a look. I took the cover off first, next the front bezel, watch out for the zero insertion ribbon cable that hooks the bezel to the unit. Now I unscrewed the blu ray drive from the the chassis and unplugged 2 more zero insertion ribbon cables. Next I took the blu ray drive and unscrewed the cover and popped it off. Now I could look at the laser lens. To my surprise there is two, one for DVD's and one for Blu ray's. This explains why it plays DVD's and not blu ray's. Took some glass cleaner on a Q-tip and cleaned both lenses. The blu ray lense is very small and won't take much debris or dust to make it start messing up, cheap! now I reversed the process and put it back together. All discs that were giving me errors now read perfect and load very fast.
I'm guessing because of the small lense and lack of protection that this issue is very common with Samsung units.
Hope this article helps someone, because I had problems finding solutions when I started searching for answers.
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.click2give4free.com/val.php?v=739
This link is just for spammers, don't click!
cedric
VSO Team Member

Post by cedric »

Hello JJ,
Just purchased a Samsung BD-H6500
That's why I haven't suggested to clean the lens, but rather to update the firmware...

Regards,
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

the latest beta version fixes freezing in samsung players, please try and let us know
http://forums.vso-software.fr/newconver ... 18405.html
maxime

Post by maxime »

Hi,
today I got my BD H6500 player from ebay and I recognized that this player do not play any disc I created with the VSO software. I have a couple of disc and I get shocked to make all discs new.
This will need at least more than 2 weeks and some sources I do not have anymore. So people, please give me some information about the bug

New beta version 1.5.0.24
- 0009370: [Bug] blu-ray output freezing on samsung player (felicia) - resolved.

What is the bufgix. I assume it is a bit in the playlist or clipinfo. OR I have to remux the video, but please do not force me to make all discs new.

Maxime
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

Hello,

The best thing is to post your log file of the conversion that did not play on your player.
You will find the log files here:
C:\ProgramData\VSO\ConvertXtoVideo Ultimate\1\Log
maxime

Post by maxime »

sometimes I feel to talk to robots. :shock: Always the same message "Please send us your logs".

Again: The discs I did in the past, January, were done with 1.5.0.18 or whatever. With 1.5.0.24 you fixed the Samsung BD H6500 issue. I do not have any logs from the past and I do not have a time machine :lol: to get the files back from January where I created the discs from. The only chance I have now is to rip the files to disc, fix the Samsung issue and re-burn to the BD-RE blank. But I do not want to create new discs with new encoding with ConvertXtoVideo because this will need a couple of weeks with my computer.
So the only chance I see to fix this old bug you put on my discs, just remember that it is YOUR bug, is to edit the disc structure with BDEdit or fix an m2ts issue with a fast remux.

But in all please do not let die me stupid with a couple of wasted discs done with your software. I think your developers have a bugtracker and can find this issue with the bug number fast. I hope I can start to fix the discs this weekend.

Thanks,

Maxime