New beta version 1.5.0.24

Free video converter, convert from any format to any format, mkv to avi, m2ts to avi, mp4, h264, mts, wmv, mov, DVD, etc.

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

cedric
VSO Team Member

New beta version 1.5.0.24

Post by cedric »

Latest beta version (1.5.0.24 ) :
no beta see latest official

Please post any problems you find here, and if you have no problems you can post that too! Thanks!

Latest official (stable) version is 1.5.0.24:
http://www.vso-software.fr/products/vid ... verter.php

Beta Version History - change log:

ConvertXtoVideo - 1.5.0.24 (Released 2015-02-06) [ View Issues ]
================================================
- 0009392: [Bug] Missing subtitles in mkv mp4 conversion from ts file (cedric) - resolved.
- 0008630: [Bug] AV when clicking on swf file loaded in interface trying to access advanced editing window (cedric) - resolved.
- 0009319: [Bug] a few problems with ssa subtitles files when converted to Blu-ray (cedric) - resolved.
- 0008042: [Bug] when merging files, subtitles with the same name of movie file are not imported into advanced edititng window (cedric) - resolved.
- 0008291: [Bug] warn user video converter is not dedicated to handle audio as source (cedric) - resolved.
- 0008549: [Feature Request] default location for saving projects (cedric) - resolved.
- 0008861: [Bug] profile playstation 3 - mpeg4 doesnt work on playstation (cedric) - resolved.
- 0009365: [Bug] file cannot be converted to ps3-h264 or bluray (cedric) - resolved.
- 0009389: [Bug] subtitles stay on screen too long .... until next subtitle line arrives (cedric) - resolved.
- 0009293: [Bug] Cannot move the time line button in "édition des chapitres" (cedric) - resolved.
- 0009363: [Bug] create a second cut change the size of the first one (cedric) - resolved.
- 0009351: [Bug] target size / quality setting has no effect when changed for negative values (cedric) - resolved.
- 0008030: [Information] reset back to vso default settings - does not change menu templates to default (cedric) - resolved.
- 0008415: [Bug] Invalid input value in cut window (cedric) - resolved.
- 0009233: [Crash] Access Violation / Chapter Button in Advanced Editing (Custom Profile) (cedric) - resolved.
- 0008726: [Bug] av when trying to convert a file (cedric) - resolved.
- 0009331: [Feature Request] improve selection visibility of titleset (cedric) - resolved.
- 0009366: [Suggestion] volume value is not updated after clicking on automatic volume (cedric) - resolved.
- 0009382: [Suggestion] Names of settings in custom profile editor should be the same in all places used (cedric) - resolved.
- 0009383: [Feature Request] Add an option to split loaded files by chapters (import one titleset by chapter) (cedric) - resolved.
- 0009376: [Bug] subtitles do not disappear and therefore overlap as conversion plays on problem with profile MP4-MPEG4 (cedric) - resolved.
- 0009380: [Feature Request] add option "open explorer" to "Output folder generation" setting (cedric) - resolved.
- 0009381: [Feature Request] custom profile missing "Custom profile name" and "custom path" in the overview. (cedric) - resolved.
- 0009379: [Feature Request] Take in account "output folder generation method" when custom profile output folder is set (cedric) - resolved.
- 0009370: [Bug] blu-ray output freezing on samsung player (felicia) - resolved.
- 0009357: [Bug] artifacts on subtitles, extra outline around subtitles in yellow (felicia) - resolved.
- 0008891: [Bug] drop in quality when converting to nexus 10 compared to previous version (cedric) - closed.
[27 issues]

Thank you for your help!
igor_lvk

Re: New beta version 1.5.0.12

Post by igor_lvk »

Bad encoding to 60fps. Too many skipped frames.
Attachments
ConvertXtoVideo Ultimate 1_crashlog_.20141119.174530.856.log
(22.31 KiB) Downloaded 393 times
deathsatans

Post by deathsatans »

error warning when try to click Start button.
Access violation at address 00D4E5 in module 'vsoVideoConverter.exe'
It happens when try to use 'DVD Video', Blu-Ray Structure profile.
Not happened when use MPEG4 profile.

My laptop specs :
Acer Aspire Timeline 4810tz
Intel Pentium Processor SU4100 1.3 GHz
Intel GA 4500M
2x 4 GB DDR3 PC-8.500
HDD 500GB
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Edition
deathsatans

Post by deathsatans »

woww no respons until now...
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

thanks for reporting, confirmed and entered here
http://bugs.vso-software.fr/view.php?id=9004
deathsatans

Re: New beta version 1.5.0.14

Post by deathsatans »

try v1.5.0.14, click the tab several times when convert a mkv movie, and then "Access violitation" but it still running well.
but the problem is, i can't pause, cancel or close the application now.
so i must end that via Task Manager.
Anybody get this trouble too?
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

what tab are you clicking on?
with no matter what file?
what profile are you converting to?

if a custom profile can you post it here?
deathsatans

Post by deathsatans »

Claire wrote:what tab are you clicking on?
with no matter what file?
what profile are you converting to?

if a custom profile can you post it here?
the taskbar button, when converting a custom DVD Profile, the file is mkv (not happened in previous version like 1.5.0.8).

now i try again without click the tab several times, and when the converter starting the job or finished the job, i can't close the application or click the File menu button.
I must close it via Task Manager, very annoying. Hope it can be fixed soon.
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

you can always post your custom profile here, maybe with that and your log file we can reproduce
deathsatans

Post by deathsatans »

Claire wrote:you can always post your custom profile here, maybe with that and your log file we can reproduce
Here it is...
for the log file, i will post it soon.

Custom profile
File format (container) : DVD NTSC
Video codec : MPEG-2 NTSC Video
Video resolution : 720x480
Video framerate : Same as source (if compatible)
Audio codec : AC3 (DVD compatible)
Audio sample rate : 48,000
Audio channels : 6
Audio bitrate (by channel) : 448,000
Subtitle codec : Embed in video

The convertion process is finished, and when i burn to a dvd disc, it plays well on my dvd player until finish.
SO no wrong with the convertion process, but there is something wrong with the application after it is finishing the convertion job.
Budda_357

Post by Budda_357 »

Hi, Guys
A lot of the videos that are streamed the file that has been uploaded for streaming has had the same time interval lip sycn issues by what ever software theperson used to convert the original movie. :(

Is there are way to add a feature in the advanced edit mode to either add or minus and audio time shift encoding option so as to correct these problems when encounted. :D
This is possible by using that great open source software which is still being updated today free called AVIdemux which started as a Linux only software and V2 2005 release was developed for Windows I been using it since 2008 originaly for use with the AVI format but now also supports DVD, MPEG MP4 & ASF formats.
Cheers :mrgreen:
Budda [sic]
VSO Gold Member
From Down Under
My All-rounder Rig
CPU
: I7-2600K @ 4.6 GHZ
Cooler: Antec H2O 920 Liquid Cooler
GPU: Asus GTX660Ti 2Gig OC Edition
RAM: Corsair 16 Gig DDR3 1866
C Drive: 240 Gig Corsair GT SSD Sata 3
HDD: 11TB
PSU: ThermalTake 875 Watt 80 Plus
Network & BU Thecus N5550
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

@deathsatans
I made that profile and it closed after converting just fine. I tried twice converting and burning and also just converting alone.

There are two more things we can try without having to connect to your machine to reproduce the issue,
you send us your video file, and you write me a message with our tech support form, so I can import your exact settings
deathsatans

Post by deathsatans »

Claire wrote:@deathsatans
I made that profile and it closed after converting just fine. I tried twice converting and burning and also just converting alone.

There are two more things we can try without having to connect to your machine to reproduce the issue,
you send us your video file, and you write me a message with our tech support form, so I can import your exact settings
wow, i can't imagine how to send approximately 1.5GB mkv video file to you...:)
ok, about the second choise, what message should I wrote to tech support form.

NOTE : i solve this issue by tab several times the task button and let it crashes and says "Access violitation memory address..." but the app still run, and when it is finished, I now can close, click the file menu button etc.
I don't know what is going on, may be it not compatible enough with my laptop or with my Windows 7 Ultimate Edition system.
deathsatans

Post by deathsatans »

i am wonder, why this version has slow rate convertion (abuot 8-9 fps only) vs the older version v1.5.0.8 that can reach 24 fps.
i don't know, i compare them with the same movie, same configuration, different result.
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

deathsatans wrote:wow, i can't imagine how to send approximately 1.5GB mkv video file to you...:)
ok, about the second choise, what message should I wrote to tech support form.

NOTE : i solve this issue by tab several times the task button and let it crashes and says "Access violitation memory address..." but the app still run, and when it is finished, I now can close, click the file menu button etc.
I don't know what is going on, may be it not compatible enough with my laptop or with my Windows 7 Ultimate Edition system.
I sent you a pm with instructions on how to send the file.

In the message to vso support, just copy and paste your problem from the forum or link to this thread....
wtin

Hard subtitle

Post by wtin »

Suggestion please. Just like Convert X to DVD can embed the subtitle into the video files (so it will not have to be turn on by the viewer), can this feature be added to Convert X to Video? I have played around with it and was unable to find this setting (if there is such a thing.)

Convert X to Video now has "Merge subtitle into video if only one present" and I ** really ** love that. It would be swell if this can be added, too.

Your loyal customer!

Wtin
deathsatans

Re: New beta version 1.5.0.18

Post by deathsatans »

Try to make a blu-ray disc structure.

Source:
The Hobbit An Unexpected Journey (2012) EXTENDED 1080p
Audio DTS 7 channels

This is my custom profiles...

Custom profile name: Blu-Ray DTS
File format (container): Blu-Ray structure

Video codec: H.264 (1080p)
Video resolution: 1920x1080
Video aspect ratio 16/9
Video framerate: Same as source (if compatible)
H264 options: Profile> high

Audio codec: DTS (Digital Theater System)
Audio sample rate: 48,000
Audio channels: Same as source (if compatible)
Audio bitrate (by channel): 384,000

Subtile codec: Embed in video

Result: Down, you got error

So, can't we create a Blu-Ray structure with 7 (or more) audio channels?
Because when I use Dolby Digital AC3, it is fine.
Sadly....................

here is the log picture...
Attachments
error.jpg
cedric
VSO Team Member

Post by cedric »

Hello deathsatans,

Our DTS encoder doesn't support (at this time) more than 6 audio channels, so down mix from 8 to 6 will always be applied if you select DTS as output codec.

But... why you don't enable the "Remux/copy (if possible)" option in custom profile editor, under audio section?
If you enable this option, the input DTS track will be copied as this and you will keep the 8 channels...

You must change these settings too:
Audio sample rate: Same as source (if compatible)
Audio bitrate (by channel): Same as source (if compatible)

I'm waiting for your feedback...

Thank you!
deathsatans

Post by deathsatans »

[quote="cedric"]Hello deathsatans,

Our DTS encoder doesn't support (at this time) more than 6 audio channels, so down mix from 8 to 6 will always be applied if you select DTS as output codec.

But... why you don't enable the "Remux/copy (if possible)" option in custom profile editor, under audio section?
If you enable this option, the input DTS track will be copied as this and you will keep the 8 channels...

You must change these settings too:
Audio sample rate: Same as source (if compatible)
Audio bitrate (by channel): Same as source (if compatible)

I'm waiting for your feedback...

Thank you![/quote]

still get the same error.
although i have apply your suggestions.
cedric
VSO Team Member

Re: New beta version 1.5.0.19

Post by cedric »

Hello deathsatans,

Please install the last beta version, do a try then post your log files.

Thank you for your help.