ConvertXtoHD pre-release version v1.0.0.22

Convert to HD, convert Blu-ray , blu-ray menu, Burn bluray disks, create blu-ray disk, create AVCHD, Create custom blu-ray disk with menu

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

Annelise
VSO Team Member

ConvertXtoHD pre-release version v1.0.0.22

Post by Annelise »

ConvertXtoHD is available in pre-release version!

Introducing ConvertXtoDVD's new sibling: ConvertXtoHD. As its name implies, the program converts and burns to Blu-ray format, from any video source , and keeps the same interface and ease of use of ConvertXtoDVD.

Give it a try, version 1.0.0.22:
http://download.vso-software.fr/vsoConv ... _setup.exe

Please post the problems you find or other comments here, we'd love to get your feedback! Thank you :)

ConvertXtoHD - Change Log

ConvertXtoHD - 1.0.0.22 (Released 2014-12-12) [ View Issues ]
=============================================
- 0009080: [Bug] preview problem with hardware decoders, preview is black (cedric) - resolved.
- 0009120: [Bug] menu thumbs problems - pixalisation underneath and thumb is cropped too soon (cedric) - resolved.
- 0009116: [Bug] No menu preview when adding video in background (cedric) - resolved.
- 0009117: [Bug] Access violation when clicking in menu thumb and then on track bar (cedric) - resolved.
[4 issues]

ConvertXtoHD - 1.0.0.21 (Released 2014-12-11) [ View Issues ]
=============================================
- 0009110: [Bug] subtitles appear without being selected in the middle of the film (felicia) - resolved.
- 0009108: [Bug] No video description in titleset node (getting "Video:") (cedric) - resolved.
- 0009090: [Feature Request] Add "user review" window before closing program (cedric) - resolved.
- 0009087: [Feature Request] change link to guide (cedric) - resolved.
- 0009102: [Feature Request] Add option to have diferrent typesettings in same titleset menu (felicia) - resolved.
- 0009095: [Bug] In weird cases typesettings may be ignored (felicia) - resolved.
[6 issues]

Goldmembers: retrieve your free key for ConvertXtoHD here: http://www.vso-software.fr/upgrade.php?from=support

You can buy the software for 39.99$/39.99€ by clicking on this link: https://secure.avangate.com/order/check ... wPopup=yes
lifetime option also available in shopping cart for 59.99$/€
igor_lvk

Re: ConvertXtoHD alpha version v1.0.0.1

Post by igor_lvk »

Conversion don't finish. And no info about 2-pass in menu.Converted video not playing smooth in player (daum pot player or mpc-hc)
Attachments
ConvertXtoHD 1_crashlog_.20140704.171342.070.log
(8.42 KiB) Downloaded 503 times
not finished
not finished
trailwalker

Post by trailwalker »

I've been eagerly waiting for the development of an HD version of ConvertXtoDVD for a while now and this announcement is music to my ears.

I know it's still early days but it's looking good so far. I'll keep an eye on the developments and look forward to a retail version release.

Keep up the great work guys, it is appreciated.
renits

Post by renits »

Have been looking forward to this product,as it is virtually the same interface as ConvertXtoDVD,which is an awesome product.
I am looking to purchase this product,I do have one request for this product.
Will you be including disc sizes BD5 and BD9,as i usually use BD9 to make AVCHD discs with the same quality as a Bluray disc,and the media is easier and cheaper to get a hold of.
Keep up the great work.

Regards
Renits
Fump

Post by Fump »

I´m a happy, happy, happy Goldmember:)
dgmckenzie

Post by dgmckenzie »

Hi

I like the program and I've converted a few episodes so far. But now I have a problem.

The Conversion fails soon after starting.

All of the Episodes play with VLC.

Log follows.

Additional

ConvertXtoHD converts 5 videos, adding the 6th gives the error. It does not matter the order of the videos only the number.
Attachments
ConvertXtoHD 1_mainlog_.20140711.205113.756.log
Error while initializing file: 00007.m2ts
(18.3 KiB) Downloaded 499 times
deanie

Post by deanie »

Hi there. I am happy to report that I have purchased a lifetime registration to this product. I have just tried it and have a few comments:
1) I put 2 titles on my first attempt disc and it worked fine except one cannot select the 2nd title
2) The playback is 'jumpy'
3) If one attempts to go back to the main menu from within the title, it takes you back to that title's menu only
4) There are several strange messages within the burn log box (something about #2 attempt burn succesful)

I love the look of this and am sure that soon it will be as brilliant as the ConvertX to DVD that I have had for years. Thank you for what works so far. I will attempt another project and see what happens.
EDIT: I have tried several dofferent settings and with ALL of them the playback is not smooth. The picture jumps every few seconds. I have tried with and without hardware decoding/encoding to see if that could be the problem, to see if it is my system but it would appear not to be. I love what the program does so far, but can't use it at the moment in the way which I intend.
Not griping, not moaning but looking forward to the time that bugs are ironed out. Thank you all, keep up the excellent work :)
Last edited by deanie on Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
peter7769

Failed right at the end of a 3 hour encode!!

Post by peter7769 »

Hi
Decided to give to Alpha a try before purchasing and im glad i did as i just waisted 3 hours encoding only to be greeted by a "Failed" message just before burning started!

i have to admit i was really looking forward to this, guess i will just wait for the Beta Version.

i have attached the log file for you.

Pete
Attachments
ConvertXtoHD 1_mainlog_.20140727.220703.192.log
(9.17 KiB) Downloaded 528 times
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

Hello,

I am glad you tried too, as you know this is only an alpha version.
Don't waste any more time than you want (as what I explain below might not work) but if you wanted you could try the conversion again, with the menu template "no menu"

and/ or uncheck the "2 pass" option

If you do try please report back what you find.

Thanks for your post!
peter7769

Post by peter7769 »

Claire wrote:Hello,

I am glad you tried too, as you know this is only an alpha version.
Don't waste any more time than you want (as what I explain below might not work) but if you wanted you could try the conversion again, with the menu template "no menu"

and/ or uncheck the "2 pass" option

If you do try please report back what you find.

Thanks for your post!
Does it have to be the same film Claire or do you just want me to try again with anything?

Pete
peter7769

Post by peter7769 »

Hi
i have also noticed that although i asked for only 5 cores to be used when converting its using all the cores, the processor is running at 100% and getting around 35Fps

Pete
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

peter7769 wrote: Does it have to be the same film Claire or do you just want me to try again with anything?
ideally yes the same film, but you can do it with anything, but if you do it with anything we won't really know if the original problem you had was related to the settings or the specific file (or file + settings)

I think you are right about the converting with all cores....I will confirm and report back
peter7769

Post by peter7769 »

Ok Claire, I did convert two more last night (different to the original), both the same files, but they were MP4 files, one was with a menu and one without, both converted Ok. Maybe it was a problem with using an mkv file?, like I said I'll try converting the original one again with the settings you suggested, also the two I converted last night were both done on one pass.

Pete
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

based on what you said, either the problem is with 2 pass, and or the specific mkv file.
ok, well let me know your results - thanks
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

peter7769 wrote:Hi
i have also noticed that although i asked for only 5 cores to be used when converting its using all the cores, the processor is running at 100% and getting around 35Fps

Pete
confirmed and reported here http://bugs.vso-software.fr/view.php?id=8255
peter7769

Post by peter7769 »

Hi Claire, just thought I would let you know that I've just tried to convert the same film I was having problems with earlier, this time I used convertXtodvd, and it also failed with an "out of memory" this I've never seen before so I think there is a problem with the file, I've just converted to another format and when I get chance I'll run the new version through convertXtoHD and see what happens.

Do you have any idea when the next alpha or Beta will be?

regards

pete
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

Thanks for the info.

The next beta will hopefully be available in less than a month, but I am not certain on that.
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

dgmckenzie wrote:Hi

I like the program and I've converted a few episodes so far. But now I have a problem.

The Conversion fails soon after starting.

All of the Episodes play with VLC.

Log follows.

Additional

ConvertXtoHD converts 5 videos, adding the 6th gives the error. It does not matter the order of the videos only the number.
If you uncheck
[x] Use hardware decoding (if possible)

do the files convert?
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

deanie wrote:Hi there. I am happy to report that I have purchased a lifetime registration to this product. I have just tried it and have a few comments:
1) I put 2 titles on my first attempt disc and it worked fine except one cannot select the 2nd title
2) The playback is 'jumpy'
3) If one attempts to go back to the main menu from within the title, it takes you back to that title's menu only
4) There are several strange messages within the burn log box (something about #2 attempt burn succesful)

I love the look of this and am sure that soon it will be as brilliant as the ConvertX to DVD that I have had for years. Thank you for what works so far. I will attempt another project and see what happens.
EDIT: I have tried several dofferent settings and with ALL of them the playback is not smooth. The picture jumps every few seconds. I have tried with and without hardware decoding/encoding to see if that could be the problem, to see if it is my system but it would appear not to be. I love what the program does so far, but can't use it at the moment in the way which I intend.
Not griping, not moaning but looking forward to the time that bugs are ironed out. Thank you all, keep up the excellent work :)
I'm sorry for the late response. I got your log files you sent to VSO directly
1) I tested with the same menu you are using: Template: VSO glossy template, clear background, up to 2 episodes/titles per page, contains 4 page(s) and from the title menu (main menu as you say) I can select the 2nd video to play, but should I press top menu as that video is playing it brings me to the root menu, in which the two options I have "play" and "menu" do nothing. I have reported these bugs

2) If you have a small file that you can reproduce this with, could you send us the file (to our server - I'll provide instructions) tell me what settings you use. (perferably without the hardware settings, but you seem to say you get the problem without them used, and specify the playing time you notice the jumpiness. If you have PowerDVD, when watching the disk on your computer you have the same problem? Or when watching with VMP (watching the output file or the burnt disk, vmp: http://www.vso-software.fr/products/vmp ... player.php) Maybe the jumpiness is introduced byt hte 2 pass or the "use best qualtiy setting", I have no idea, just ideas for narrowing the problem down - or the encoding profile (sp, mp, lp)
3) FYI the title's menu as you call it, is what we call the "root menu" - the menu in relation to a specific titleset. The main menu is the title menu (the menu that lists all the titles), good or bad this is vocabulary we are using in our products. This bug has been reported
4) The burn log seems fine to me.

Thanks for the compliments, we will be working to fix all the issues reported.
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

@igor_lvk
do you know how to always reproduce where the output file does not play smooth?

Can you share the settings you use and the file you converted so we can reproduce and fix?