Error setting path

Free video converter, convert from any format to any format, mkv to avi, m2ts to avi, mp4, h264, mts, wmv, mov, DVD, etc.

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

DiskJunky

Error setting path

Post by DiskJunky »

I've been getting this error (see attached) for several versions (1.0.0.32+) which occurrs when I click on the first tab in the Video Editor dialog. It's quite possible this started appearing when I tried one of the beta builds earlier in the month. However, I have tried completely uninstalling VSO Video Converter and re-installing a previous version that worked (1.0.0.26) but the issue appears in the old version too. This still persists in the latest stable build 1.1.0.4. There is no mention of the error message in the log file (surprisingly), in any version of the software.

I'd guess that one of the beta builds mucked up something and the uninstaller is not removing the misconfiguration.

** UPDATE **
While doing a bit more research on this and gathering info such as the type of file this occurrs on, etc. I was able to fix it. It would seem that this tab remembers the last location that the user clicked on. However if the "last location" was a removable drive and the media is no longer present...you get this message. This means that a couple of changes need to be made such that;

a) The uninstaller needs to be updated to remove *all* settings - including the place that stores the location this tab uses.
b) The tab needs to be a little more robust in dealing with removable media or drives that are no longer present on the machine (e.g., mapped drives, dvds, usbs, etc). If the last path no longer exists then it should default to C: or some such.
Attachments
error message
error message
VSOBugErrorSettingPath.png (88.47 KiB) Viewed 3159 times
VideoConverter_mainlog_.20130910.224648.304.log
log file
(2.16 KiB) Downloaded 334 times
cedric
VSO Team Member

Re: Error setting path

Post by cedric »

Hello DiskJunky,

Thank you for your bug report (and the bug solution too...)
The fix will be available in next beta version.
I added a new button in settings windows allowing to apply default application settings.

Thanks.
DiskJunky

Re: Error setting path

Post by DiskJunky »

very quick turn-around, thank you! :-)