Dual subtitles supported?

bluray player, video player, audio player, free video player, free media player

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, alexia, Forum admin

JapanLover

Dual subtitles supported?

Post by JapanLover »

Hello,

Is it possible to play a Blu-ray in VSO Media Player and show 2 subtitles simultaneously? I'm talking about the subtitles that are included on the Blu-ray and no ripping or whatever should be necessary. For example if the Blu-ray has English and French subtitles, the English subtitle will be displayed on top and the French one on bottom of the screen.

In case this is currently not supported, it would be great if you could add this feature, thank you very much :)
william070707

Re: Dual subtitles supported?

Post by william070707 »

Yes, It is possible. I will share you a link to how to do it :- http://www.vso-software.fr/guides/how_t ... to_mkv.php :D

Post by felicia »

Hi,

You're not the first one to ask this feature, see here.
And as I come myself from a multilingual family, we'll try to implement this feature in a future release.

Best regards,

Felicià
JapanLover

Post by JapanLover »

Hi william070707,

The link involves conversion, but the goal is to have the subtitles on the fly during playback of the original blu-ray.

Hi Felicià,

Hehe i see, that's really great news!!!!! For DVDs, dual subtitles are no problem at all, but when Blu-rays came out, it seemed like a step backwards in this regard.
It would so so so awesome to have this feature, really....waited so many years for this. :)
JapanLover

Post by JapanLover »

Hello,

1 .5 years have passed, is there any update on this? Thanks :)
JapanLover

Post by JapanLover »

Wow, I found that PowerDVD 13 supports dual subtitles now, the wait has an end :D