error loading blu ray file in trial version

Help with Bluray Converter and Convert DVD to mp4 and other formats. strip Bluray, convert to Blu-ray or avchd, convert blu ray to mkv, avi, copy DVDs and much more.

Moderators: Maggie, alexia, Forum admin

mailljs@msn.com

error loading blu ray file in trial version

Post by mailljs@msn.com »

I am trying to evaluate this software using the trial version. I downloaded a blu ray file (rar file) and want to convert and burn to a 25gb BD using my blu ray burner. when I try to load the file to the blu ray converter i get an error ' not a valid blu ray / avchd structure'. then there is an option to download conversion software which i already have (convertxtodvd). what should i be doing to get a successful trial?
cedric
VSO Team Member

Re: error loading blu ray file in trial version

Post by cedric »

Hello,

Have you uncompressed the RAR file before loading the Blu-ray structure?
If not, install a progem like WiRAR, WinZip, 7zip then extract the files (by using right on RAR file then uncompress command).
When done, drag and drop the BDMV folder in Blu-ray converter, or use the "open folder" function.

If you already uncompressed the files, what is the files extension?

Regards.
mailljs@msn.com

the files are in a folder downloaded via utorrent 2.2.

the folder contains one .mkv file one .nfo file and a number of .rar files.

I open the first .rar file and extract using winrar. this creates a .mkv file.

this file is what i am trying to load to the blu ray converter. the file can be read successfully by windows media player and vlc media player.

can you provide further help?

thanks
cedric
VSO Team Member

Post by cedric »

Hello,

A MKV file is not a part of a Blu-ray structure (the file you downloaded is only a Blu-ray rip).
Like the popup windows said, you must add this file(s) in ConvertXToDVD to convert it.
A Blu-ray structure contain a BDMV folder with a STREAM folder (containing .m2ts files).

Regards.
mailljs@msn.com

so when I convert the mkv file with convertxto dvd I will have a blu ray that I can burn to BD using blu ray burning software is that correct?
cedric
VSO Team Member

Post by cedric »

No.
I think you are talking about "ConvertXToHD" software, able to convert any video file to Blu-ray structure...
This software is a VSO Software project and should be available on 2013 (we are working on!)

Regards.