No Audio and Split burning over disks

Help with Bluray Converter and Convert DVD to mp4 and other formats. strip Bluray, convert to Blu-ray or avchd, convert blu ray to mkv, avi, copy DVDs and much more.

Moderators: Maggie, alexia, Forum admin

Adamtron

No Audio and Split burning over disks

Post by Adamtron »

The product is doing an amazing job converting the video, but I need help with two things:

1. When I play the video output, I have no audio (silent movie). The box on the dvd says it has Dolby Digital. So far I tested both "Automatic" and "AC3-2" with failed result. I don't have a Dolby Surround system connected to my TV, so I selected "Convert DTS to AC-3" but still no audio. Should I try the "MPEG Stereo" setting next?
Note: I have already installed all current K-LITE codec packs for most current codecs (just downloaded tonight), rebooted several times, etc. so it should not be a codec problem. Also, I am able to play the blu-ray on my pc and it has audio when played through Media Player Classic. The problem is only with the output.

2. The Blu-ray Converter Ultimate product page advertises that it can "Split burning over disks". However I have been unable to locate the setting for this so that I might enable it. I have a 2 hour bluray and want to encode 4 gigs of data on disc 1 and the other 4 gigs of data on disc 2 so that I can have the highest quality while watching on a standard dvd player. Is this possible?

Thank you for your time and any help that you may offer. :=)

-Adamtron
Adamtron

Re: No Audio and Split burning over disks

Post by Adamtron »

Update: I tried the "MPEG Stereo" setting and that created a video with no audio as well. When I check the properties on the VOB, video information is displayed and the Audio fields (Bit rate, Channels and Audio sample rate) are blank as if the audio was never rendered. Thoughts?
Attachments
BR_and_DVD_Converters.log
Here is the log file
(36.81 KiB) Downloaded 396 times
Adamtron

Post by Adamtron »

After trying all possible audio settings in the software and still no solution to the problem, I decided to use WinAVI Video Converter instead. I selected the blu-ray disc, used the default settings and it converted to dvd with perfect video and audio. So the problem is specific to the VSO Blu-ray Converter. I feel that I wasted my money on this product. If there is anything I can do to help your company fix this bug (maybe I can send you a sample of the file), please let me know.
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

Hello,

Thanks for all your details and your willingness to help us solve the problem. Sorry for not having gotten back to you sooner.

No matter what conversion you do still no audio?

Did you try not splitting the conversion over two disks? Does that correct the problem (even though I don't think it is related)?

What is the name of the movie causing this problem for you?
Have you been refunded by VSO yet?

Thanks for your feedback.