my realtek adapter says "host not connected to the internet"

download audio/video streaming

Moderators: Maggie, JJ, alexia, LouisM, Forum admin

the magician

my realtek adapter says "host not connected to the internet"

Post by the magician »

hi there but this is keep telling me that my realtek adapter "host not connected to the internet, whats going on with this vso downloader and why cant it just do what all my other programms do and download and work.. can any one give some info that wont confuse me..

i am getting this when trying to dowload = ->HTTP error: Connection aborted on request (404) and this = ->Socket error: Aborted (3)
these are the only two errors i get the streaming light is green but when im at the setting and i select the adapter to get to the internet it comes up not online microsft on local host not online it says and the realtewk is the same something about " gbe family controller and network work adapter not been detected!!! help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please this is doing my head right in...
JJ
VSO Moderators

Re: No streaming detection / network adapter problem

Post by JJ »

What are you using for internet connection?
Realtek is usually wired connection, Microsoft connectors are usually IEEE or BT connections.
You need to select correct connection to be able to stream.
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.click2give4free.com/val.php?v=739
This link is just for spammers, don't click!
the magician

Post by the magician »

hi there, JJ. i'm using a dial up VPN 3connect dongle, but also the nieghbour let me pickyback on his wireless network wich is AOLBB.

i'm only getting the chioce of two adaptors to connect to where in option/setting, it says select your adaptor for internet, ihave "microsoft" onlocal host, and the other say's "realtek PCIe GBE family controler" on local host. but when i start the search for adapter search on any the 2 it comes up not on line!

just add i've only been trying my 3dongle VPN conection,. i triend wireless once but still with the givving the 2 adapters that i have to choose its still comming up "not online""
JJ
VSO Moderators

Post by JJ »

i'm using a dial up VPN 3connect dongle, but also the nieghbour let me pickyback on his wireless network wich is AOLBB.
When you are using 3connect you must select that in VSODownloader, and when you are using wireless you must select that one - not Realtek PCIe.
Also remember to connect one you are going to use before opening browser.
the magician

Post by the magician »

[quote="JJ"][quote]i'm using a dial up VPN 3connect dongle, but also the nieghbour let me pickyback on his wireless network wich is AOLBB.[/quote]

When you are using 3connect you must select that in VSODownloader, and when you are using wireless you must select that one - not Realtek PCIe.
Also remember to connect one you are going to use before opening browser.[/quote]

hi again JJ, what do you mean to select in vsodownloader, i only have 2 chioces that i can see to search for adapter and those are the two i mentioned, also it has started to say now that winpcap is not correctly installed, this is new this message!! do you know of any other programms that do simmiliar stuff to Vso?

thank again for the info.
JJ
VSO Moderators

Post by JJ »

it is impossible to give exact information without seeing your system, but basics are:

Connect what ever you use for internet before installing VSODownloader. Keep them connected during installation. If restart is required, keep connected and immediately open connection if it is not automatical.
WinPCap can not be installed for device that is not there at installation time.
Sadly some hardware just is not supported on WinPCap. If your hardware is not supported then you are out of luck.
Wireless adapters should be supported, but some models still are not.

As whole operation requires external program to read streams from hardware, I doubt that any other program work if VSODownloader does not.
the magician

Post by the magician »

JJ wrote:it is impossible to give exact information without seeing your system, but basics are:

Connect what ever you use for internet before installing VSODownloader. Keep them connected during installation. If restart is required, keep connected and immediately open connection if it is not automatical.
WinPCap can not be installed for device that is not there at installation time.
Sadly some hardware just is not supported on WinPCap. If your hardware is not supported then you are out of luck.
Wireless adapters should be supported, but some models still are not.

As whole operation requires external program to read streams from hardware, I doubt that any other program work if VSODownloader does not.

thanks for this help JJ, what ive did is uninstalled VSO and winpcap, and i'll start again,. i did have one called aveneus or something wich worked o.k. for downloading but it was slow i must say and i was experiancing some other problams with that,..

do you think that if when i downloaded the VSO at the begining and i was using someone ells's wireless when downloading the programm could this maybe effected the way it wasnt working on my system, as i think thats what i had possibly done.. oh ye another thing did "winpcap come with VSO or was it allready on my windows 7 system cause i uninstalled them both as i was getting winpcap saying it wasnt installed properly when trying to saerch the adapter from the vso setting/options..

thanks again JJ and i'll go try this from start to finnish on my own 3dongle connection. peace! :)

well did all the reinstalling and still getting the same problams, i dont have a clue where the adapter can be as when i start VSO downloader and at the bottom of its screen the green light says "streaming is enabled and i go to setting/options and select network adapters i have only the 2 chioces of adapters to search automaticly and one is the realtek and other is microsoft, so now i'm puzzled,. i tried the azureus downloader to see if that had the same issue but that one was working but dont realy like it would preffer the VSO, so maybe it isnt after all working on my system for some reason i dont know,. i check out and it says windows7 is compatible so its gotta be something i am not noticing as after the adapter search it comes up "your network adapter connected to the internet has not been detected",. do you think i have to dissable somthing that could be blocking it? i have enabled it to be allowed through the firewall but it dont seem like this is the problam,. when you mentiond about the 3dongle and to select that how do i do this as it is not there for the selection in the adapter search on vso? i am only using this as my internet searcher for now, sorry for all the questions but my head is as broke as my system trying to figure this out as i'm sure it is as simple as one click of a button that i dont know about,.

thanks again> :)
JJ
VSO Moderators

Post by JJ »

More information is needed to solve this.
What is exact model and type of that dongle that you use?
What is your computer model? If it is not any brand then hardware info about network adapters (Realtek PCIe is internal with RJ45 socket).
the magician

Post by the magician »

[quote="JJ"]More information is needed to solve this.
What is exact model and type of that dongle that you use?
What is your computer model? If it is not any brand then hardware info about network adapters (Realtek PCIe is internal with RJ45 socket).[/quote]

hi there JJ, my computer is a laptop= "zoostorm" "intel celeron inside" "windows 7 home premium", its got a model no' underside of it wich says "kangeroo vme50" but doubt this is what you mean., my dongle is "3 connect Huawei mobile conect, 3G modem #3. does this info help any as cant seem to find ant more about the model, i got most of this from searching within my system for info on computer and under neath it..
just a thought but does VSo work on mobile laptops meaning does it need to be conected to anything ells apart from my dongle no seperate wires i didnt know about!! thqanks for this JJ. :)
oh ye i understand the realtek a bit now as i looked for it on my laptop and it would need to be connected to LAN and it says i am not obviously as i use a dongle so i understand that now..:s
i have a part in my status of my dongle wich says "ppp multilink framing off does this mean anything and other says "dhcp enabled =NO" i find this in the dongles info when i right click on its picture and click "status and "details,
the magician

Post by the magician »

hello again JJ, i have just thought of something there as i am a bit slow in finding out whats what with VSO and how it all realy works.
, i tried the videos tutorials and watch what was done to work this and i tried the methods on a random url and it downloaded it, was this problam maybe because i am trying to download movies, i'll give an example, "i go to say "piratebay" and copy the url after i typ in the movie i'm looking for,, when i find the movie i want and i copy that url then download and i get the error,. or tube+ for movies i get the error,. but then i went to a url that was called something like "makeuseof" wich was just random, and did the same and it downloaded that url but nothing i wanted no movie,. so i think i have just missinterpeted the hole thing and had no clue what to do with it realy.. i read articles about this VSO and even now i still think i can download movies with it!! can i? or is it just short clips and stuff?

also i think what was going on with the search for adapter is that on my computer i have these other adapters installed but not in use and thats why i gert the chioce to search for them and get nowhere cause VSO is already useing the adapter that dongle has or...connects with,plus the other are not active/plugged in,. as i said before about the green light for active streaming enabled on my VSO downloader is on. so i think this is why i have probably been confusing to the subject as i thought because the search for adapter option was there i thought it meant i wasnt connected to any yet..:S so if my green light is on for streaming enabled should that mean its ready to go unless there is a problem like what i though id had.. sorry if i've caused you a sore head or wasted your time in trying to help me find a solution.

so about the full leangth movies is VSO cable of downloading them?

thanks agian. :)
JJ
VSO Moderators

Post by JJ »

VSODownloader can load any movie that is not specially protected, lenght is not an issue.
However, usually it is easier to download full movies with p2p-program.

Then about your system.
You are using Huawei 3G modem to connect. That is just mobile phone in usb-stick, and requires its own program to be active.
It uses PPP connection to dial-up, so you are out of luck.

This is from WinPcap FAQ:
Windows Vista and more recent. It's not possible to capture on PPP/VPN connections on these operating systems.
Only way to properly capture with VSODownloader is to use your Realtek or wireless connection.
There is one solution that might work; you need to get ADSL router that has 3G option. Then just insert your SIM card from Huawei to router and connect computer with cabl to router. Many new ADSL routers do have 3G option, some even allow you to plug your Huawei to router.
the magician

Post by the magician »

JJ wrote:VSODownloader can load any movie that is not specially protected, lenght is not an issue.
However, usually it is easier to download full movies with p2p-program.

Then about your system.
You are using Huawei 3G modem to connect. That is just mobile phone in usb-stick, and requires its own program to be active.
It uses PPP connection to dial-up, so you are out of luck.

This is from WinPcap FAQ:
Windows Vista and more recent. It's not possible to capture on PPP/VPN connections on these operating systems.
Only way to properly capture with VSODownloader is to use your Realtek or wireless connection.
There is one solution that might work; you need to get ADSL router that has 3G option. Then just insert your SIM card from Huawei to router and connect computer with cabl to router. Many new ADSL routers do have 3G option, some even allow you to plug your Huawei to router.

oh right so thats whats been wrong then,. nice1 for the info JJ,. i would have been stuck for ages trying to work this out,. what i'm doing is getting "sky broadband" instead, there shouldnt be a problem with that do you think?,.. because its not the only fail;s i get with this 3dongle it plays up on quite a lot of things and now i know why it most likely is so thanks for this..
regards :)
JJ
VSO Moderators

Post by JJ »

Any 3G connection might be huge problem; they are good if network is really good and there is not too many users on area.
Biggest issue with downloads on 3G connection is unstability, network might be "connected" just fine for days and still can not receive any streams.
This happens because there is several protocols that 3G can use, and very often connection changes protocol during connection - effectively cutting connection!
These are usually seen when there is a lot of traffic. Phones use same network, and when lot of phones come to same base receiver area then some are moved to other base receiver. Every move cuts connection.

So - if you can get DSL connection, take it.
jmanwf

Post by jmanwf »

Hi clair i have a vpn and a realtek pcie family controller connection and a vpn provide but it isn't detecting my vpn and when i use my vpn i cant download videos
Benjamin
VSO Team Member

Post by Benjamin »

Hi,
what kind of VPN do you use: Open VPN or PPTP?
does your VPN have a proxy?
jmanwf

Post by jmanwf »

I use pptp. I did what it said in the faqs section connected to vso downloader and then i connected to my vpn provider and then tried auto detect but it didn't detect it MY VPN PROVIDER IS vpn authority. but it didn't detect maybe this is a glitch in the program at the moment. I have upload a screen shot of the error
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Benjamin
VSO Team Member

Post by Benjamin »

1) install the latest version
2) Disconnect your VPN then go to option > Detection > Network adapter > Auto detect adapter: is it found without any problem?
3) copy your log file (help > open log file) in this thread
jmanwf

Post by jmanwf »

Hers my log:

2011-09-17 15:06:44 Info Streaming monitoring enabled
2011-09-17 15:06:44 Info Settings applied
2011-09-17 15:06:08 Info Network adapter successfully detected automatically: Network adapter 'Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller' on local host
2011-09-17 15:06:08 Info Network adapter 'Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller' on local host: <b>Online</b>
2011-09-17 15:05:58 Info Streaming monitoring enabled
2011-09-17 15:05:45 Info Previous download successfully loaded: 0
2011-09-17 15:05:45 Info Streaming monitoring enabled
2011-09-17 15:05:45 Info Winpcap is installed: WinPcap version 4.1.2 (packet.dll version 4.1.0.2001), based on libpcap version 1.0 branch 1_0_rel0b (20091008)
2011-09-17 15:05:45 Info Streaming monitoring disabled
2011-09-17 15:05:45 Info Settings applied
2011-09-17 15:05:45 Info VSO Downloader: Version 1.3.0.33
2011-09-17 15:05:45 Info Winsock: Version 2.2 - WinSock 2.0 Running
2011-09-17 15:05:44 Info Settings succefully loaded
2011-09-17 15:05:44 Info System default language : English (United States)
2011-09-17 15:05:44 Info User default language : English (United States)
2011-09-17 15:05:44 Info Version : 1.3.0.33
2011-09-17 15:05:44 Info ExeName : C:\Program Files (x86)\VSO\VSO Downloader\1\VsoDownloader.exe
2011-09-17 15:05:44 Info OS : Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate (Build 7601: Service Pack 1)
2011-09-17 15:05:44 ---- ******************** Log session start 2011-09-17 15:05:44.415 PID 3116********************

And here is my vpn log info for you as well Operating System : Windows NT 6.1 Service Pack 1
Dialer Version : 7.2.7600.16385
Connection Name : VPN Authority PPTP
All Users/Single User : All Users
Start Date/Time : 9/12/2011, 18:29:58
Module Name, Time, Log ID, Log Item Name, Other Info
For Connection Type, 0=dial-up, 1=VPN, 2=VPN over dial-up
[cmdial32] 18:29:58 03 Pre-Init Event CallingProcess = C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE

Operating System : Windows NT 6.1 Service Pack 1
Dialer Version : 7.2.7600.16385
Connection Name : VPN Authority PPTP
All Users/Single User : All Users
Start Date/Time : 9/15/2011, 18:04:16
Module Name, Time, Log ID, Log Item Name, Other Info
For Connection Type, 0=dial-up, 1=VPN, 2=VPN over dial-up
[cmdial32] 18:04:16 03 Pre-Init Event CallingProcess = C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
[cmdial32] 18:04:23 04 Pre-Connect Event ConnectionType = 1
[cmdial32] 18:04:23 06 Pre-Tunnel Event UserName = jmanwf_vpn@vpnauthority.com Domain = DUNSetting = VPN Authority PPTP Tunnel DeviceName = TunnelAddress = 67.159.29.174
[cmdial32] 18:04:26 07 Connect Event
[cmdial32] 18:04:26 09 Custom Action Exe ActionType = Connect Actions Description = (none) ActionPath = CMDL32.EXE. The program was launched successfully.
[CMMON32] 18:08:03 23 External Disconnect
[cmdial32] 18:08:03 13 Disconnect Event CallingProcess = C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE

It dosent seem to be detecting vpn authority
JJ
VSO Moderators

Post by JJ »

According to this - capturing VPN is not possible with this version of windows.
jmanwf

Post by jmanwf »

New Version Still dosent work with vpn authority i hope it will support this soon as i love going onto the us sites