RTX 4090

Free video converter, convert from any format to any format, mkv to avi, m2ts to avi, mp4, h264, mts, wmv, mov, DVD, etc.

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

wtin

RTX 4090

Post by wtin »

Upgraded from GTX 1080 to RTX 4090 - hoping that Convert X to Video 2 will at least continue to work (and a lot faster due to more CUDA cores). Well, 1080 was working with older driver (the newer ones crashed CX2V.)

Sad news to report. CX2V doesn't work with 4090. Even with hardware settings off, it still crashes.

I have DVD Fab 13 but CX2V is so much easier to use (when creating a blu-ray disk of a t.v. show) and CX2V does beautiful burned-in subtitles.. but I have to use DVDF 13 for now. (It processes the video files at 735 FPS by the way).

i7 with 32 G of RAM and Windows 11 64 bit Pro
Cougar_II
VSO Fanatic

Re: RTX 4090

Post by Cougar_II »

Hello,

ConvertXtoVideo is a 32 bit apps and is getting quite old.

VSO UHD was released, fully 64bits, support 4k,8k, 12k+ ratios, all audio and video streams etc...

It will be the baseline for all new version of UHD and/or the baseline for all new software to come from VSO.

I would try UHD and see what works and what doesn't with this new video card.

Check/test the encoders etc...

"I think" the plan may not be a new application for ConvertXtoVideo but way more enhancements to UHD, more outputs, maybe menu creation etc...

Keep in mind, there is NVIDIA Hardware encoders/decoders issues with their latest driver, the issues is *NOT* VSO's fault, NVIDIA changed some stuff in their drivers it seems...

Let's see what the future holds for us VSO Software users !

My 2 cents...
VSO Software Golden Membership Proud Owner / VSO Software Beta Tester