Weird Problem

Convert any type of file to DVD and burn to play on any type of DVD player. Create customized menus. Special menu template creator included

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

Kittysafe

Weird Problem

Post by Kittysafe »

I took my original files, encoded them in ConvertX and then burned them to a disc to copy for my family
and my burner says CSS PROTECTED and won't copy the files on half the discs, it makes no sense.
What would cause this to happen?
dbminter

Re: Weird Problem

Post by dbminter »

What actually is telling you the disc CXD made is CSS protected? It has to be some software interface telling you this.
Kittysafe

Post by Kittysafe »

It's a vinpower duplicator I've been using for years for family video sharing. And the LED screen says CSS PROTECTED.
Never had this issue before.
yoyo57

Post by yoyo57 »

Try using the VSO burn engine on a burner instead of the vinpower one.
Could be source videos have protection on them, or vinpower is giving false message
VSO Gold Member
dbminter

Post by dbminter »

The issue is most likely false positives from the vinpower unit. If you want to check if there really is CSS on these DVD's, copy the VIDEO_TS contents from the discs in File Explorer to a temporary location and attempt to open VIDEO_TS.IFO from that folder in some PC player software. If the DVD plays fine without error messages from the software or without scrambled video, then the DVD is not protected with CSS.
Kittysafe

Post by Kittysafe »

I try the discs on my PC and they play fine.
Kittysafe

Post by Kittysafe »

I tested the same files with an external burner and a sata built-in burner and the CSS issue seems to be only happening with the external and is a new issue with the drive, so I'm thinking the drive has just gone bad?
dbminter

Post by dbminter »

You would need to do the copy in Windows/File Explorer I mentioned to really check for CSS. If you just "played" the DVD's in PC software, that would automatically decrypt any existing CSS, so it's not possible to determine if the discs are or aren't CSS protected just by playing them in PC software without first doing the copying method I mentioned.

I had thought the issue was most likely in the USB unit. I've never even see a duplicator :) so I couldn't directly comment on anything regarding using one.
Emilieffrde

Post by Emilieffrde »

What software interface is indicating that the CXD disc is CSS PLNK protected?