CxtHD won't work with current NVIDIA driver

Convert to HD, convert Blu-ray , blu-ray menu, Burn bluray disks, create blu-ray disk, create AVCHD, Create custom blu-ray disk with menu

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

Friend1982

CxtHD won't work with current NVIDIA driver

Post by Friend1982 »

Hello,

with the current NVIDIA Game Ready driver v545.84 ConvertXtoHD won't work (I use a GeForce RTX 4060 with 8GB VRAM). When job is started it looks like normal (apart from the effect that it will be processed with a higher framerate as usual) and the preview shows the processed video frames. But the generated m2ts-files just contain the audio stream over the whole length of the original video file.

Since I use v3.0.0.77 for the last months I downgraded it to v3.0.0.73 which I used prevously but also the same effect.

When I downgrade the NVIDIA driver to v537.58 it will work properly again.

Do you know this issue?

Greetings
Friend1982
Katia

Re: CxtHD won't work with current NVIDIA driver

Post by Katia »

Hello,

Thank you for reporting this.
We had two similar reports yesterday - output files without video stream when hardware optimizations are switched on for conversion, Nvidia GeForce in each case.
We will check this problem...
VSO Support Team
Friend1982

Post by Friend1982 »

Hello Katia,

what's the current status of this issue?

Since this problem was given NVIDIA released several updated driver versions with partly many relevant bug fixes but I can't update 'cause CxtHD won't work.

Greetings
Friend1982
Cougar_II
VSO Fanatic

Post by Cougar_II »

Good afternoon,

I assume ConvertXtoHD would still work (Much slower yes) without HW. I guess too slow to upgrade I guess.
I guess the battle is slower newer version with big fixed or use HW with older version, older drivers :(
VSO Software Golden Membership Proud Owner / VSO Software Beta Tester
Nemesh

Post by Nemesh »

Ihre Frage stammt vom 24 November 2023.
Wie ich dir bereits erklärt habe.
Von den Leuten bei VSO wirst du keine Antwort bekommen.
Nur eine Antwort von jemandem, der nicht bei VSO arbeitet.
So sollte man Kunden nicht behandeln.
ConvertXtoHD enthält viele Fehler, aber die Software wird immer noch auf
der VSO-Website verkauft, obwohl nichts dagegen unternommen wird.
Und das schon seit 2017.
Die Antwort ist immer, dass an der x64-Version gearbeitet wird,
und dass an der 32-Bit-Version nichts unternommen wird.
Das finde ich traurig, sehr traurig!
Prosit 2024 Friend1982,

Nemesh
Cougar_II
VSO Fanatic

Post by Cougar_II »

Comments from Jacques (VSO Developer) on the bug site !
A new version should be released soon but to only change what is in bold below…
Encoding API has been updated to Version 12.1, however there is a fallback to all the previous API up to the version 8.1 which make the HW encoding compatible for any NVidia cards and drivers roughly from 2016 up to today.

However there is an issue related to NVidia very latest drivers.

The last NVIDIA Driver known to be working with ConvertXtoHD is the version 538.58, Released in Oct 10 2023.

NVidia drivers starting from Version 546.01 (Nov. 1, 2023) and later are no longer working for hardware encoding, The issue occur directly inside NVidia code and at this very moment there is nothing VSO can do about it.

As a temporary "solution", this error if encountered now produce immediately an error and don't let the encoding proceed completely to the end which was the case previously. In such case our user need to switch to software encoding or select a driver version that is working.

Side note: The issue was reported to NVidia which may restore the support for hardware encoding in future version of their driver. However we have no way to estimate if/when this issue will be solved.

As of Today: (Jan 22, 2024) the NVidia stock driver installed by default in Windows 11 (version 456.71) is working with the current version of ConvertXtoHD. So no specific installation of driver is required to access the hardware encoding of ConvertXtoHD
VSO Software Golden Membership Proud Owner / VSO Software Beta Tester