Conversion Impossible With Current Encoding

Convert any type of file to DVD and burn to play on any type of DVD player. Create customized menus. Special menu template creator included

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

tiggercoco

Conversion Impossible With Current Encoding

Post by tiggercoco »

Trying to convert 5 small episodes to disk.

Never had this issue before on 7

1st episode shows short project, adding the second shows long project, adding the 3rd shows "Impossible"

I have the settings set as Default.

Any ideas?
dbminter

Re: Conversion Impossible With Current Encoding

Post by dbminter »

Generally, there should be an option where it says currently impossible to convert to choose DVD-9 as the output, if it isn't already selected. If you're given that option and haven't set that yet, try that. Even though it sometimes says you need DVD-9 for output, the VIDEO_TS CXD generates may still fit on a DVD-5.

How long is the total run time for these 5 small episodes?

You're probably getting this return from CXD due to the codec used in the compression of the source files. What you might have luck with is using something like AVIDeMux to convert all 5 files to new files using x264 as the Video codec. Then try importing those 5 new outputs.

You can also check to see if there are any extra audio or subtitle tracks you can remove from the project. If they are Blu-Ray sources, they can have 1 or 2 dozen audio track options, resulting in huge file sizes.
tiggercoco

Re: Conversion Impossible With Current Encoding

Post by tiggercoco »

Ah well success it seems...I have removed all the subtitle files, each episode had them in about 10 language, I had always thought these would be miniscule in size but removing them all and the message has gone.

Total play time of each episode was 35 mins and previously this hasn't been an issue.